Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Emory DING  (Read 1902 times)

iwantin

• Sr. Citizen
  • My name is Egyptian.
    • View Profile
Re: Emory DING
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 02:41:45 PM »
Speak of the DEVIL...

I emailed the guy in the admissions office and asked (for the THIRD TIME) why my score report had not been requested.  And I JUST CHECKED my account...EMORY...REQUEST MADE...MARCH 28th...

BASTARDS!!!  It's like I didn't even have a SHOT at getting accepted because they didn't have my damn stuff.  I am going to SUE...(once I get my degree from Vandy...hehehe...)

But seriously, there is something seriously wrong with that.  Should I contact the DEAN?
"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go.
Oh the places you'll go."

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 02:58:36 PM »
If you do, be really nice...Say that you are confused as to how your application could have been complete at the end of Jan (did you say this is when you called?) without your score report.  After they explain that their admissions people are incompetent and that it was obviously not complete, then I think its ok to agree with them about the absurdity of the situation...sound worried and annoyed that you application is at a disadvantage....

the dean needs to know this...and if they only just recieved your packet, then they probablyl dont have many seats left....so by calling you don't have a lot to lose right?

thats just what I would do...but I didnt get accepted to Emory so you may want to throw everything I said out!  :D
158, 3.3
Accepted: Samford, South Texas, Georgia State
priority waitlist (as of July 17th, still no "sorry you're rejected" courtesy call..jerks!): U Richmond
Rejected: U Houston, Emory, Wake

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 11:54:45 AM »
No, I definitely say call.  And Auburn's right.  Don't be mean and nasty.  Just be concerned and confused as to how you were complete when they don't even have your lsat score.  It can't hurt, as long as you're polite about pointing out that they screwed up.

iwantin

• Sr. Citizen
  • My name is Egyptian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »
Thank you friends for you advice... :)

I did talk to the Dean of Admissions yesterday (politely) about the situation.  Basically, she said that she didn't know what happened and that the committee would review my app ASAP.

Needless to say, I got notification of my acceptance today via email. :o  (I know this doesn't exactly fit the forum, but I thought I should let you all know since you gave me the advice.)

Thanks! ::)  (They're still bastards though.)  >:(

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2005, 12:54:08 PM »
At least they emailed you right away!  Looks like they know they messed up.  No one else got email notifications that I've heard of.

Anyway, congrats!  Are you going to consider going or have you decided definitely on somewhere else?

iwantin

• Sr. Citizen
  • My name is Egyptian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 12:58:10 PM »
I REALLY want to go to Duke, but the waitlist thing isn't looking very good.  (I'm still trying though.)   :-\

If not Duke, I guess it's between Vandy and Emory.  I prefer the location of Emory.  (Money is also an important factor too...I've received NONE so far.)

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2005, 03:00:36 PM »
oh congrats!!  :D thats fantastic!
158, 3.3
Accepted: Samford, South Texas, Georgia State
priority waitlist (as of July 17th, still no "sorry you're rejected" courtesy call..jerks!): U Richmond
Rejected: U Houston, Emory, Wake

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!