Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Calling the Admissions Office  (Read 488 times)

Tymeless

• View Profile
Calling the Admissions Office
« on: March 24, 2005, 03:51:11 PM »
How often is to often to call admissions to check your application status?  Is once a week to much? Is twice a week to much? I am over anxious, but I don't want to piss anyone off either.  Maybe I should stop calling and just wait for the mail.  (But I must say, I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE)
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
I am taking all the shots I can.
In:NYLS, Touro
Out: St. Johns, Brooklyn, Hofstra (Damn, Damn, Damn!!!)

sparkle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Calling the Admissions Office
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 04:22:30 PM »
Well, the first time you can say you "want to make sure you're complete," but what do you ask subsequently?

WUSTL 2008

LSN: sparklesparkle

Tymeless

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 04:27:30 PM »
Well, the first time you can say you "want to make sure you're complete," but what do you ask subsequently?

Well I have called to verify completion and they are all complete.  One complete for about 1 1/2 and the others about 1 month.  I have called each school twice after I found out my app was complete.  Do you think they keep records of each call? 

Ron Hiatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • slave to the "unread replies to your posts" link..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 04:31:08 PM »

Well I have called to verify completion and they are all complete.  One complete for about 1 1/2 and the others about 1 month.  I have called each school twice after I found out my app was complete.  Do you think they keep records of each call? 

absolutely. you are screwed.

Tymeless

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 04:34:07 PM »

I am not calling anymore, but don't these schools care that seat deposits are due soon.

ilsox7

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 04:36:20 PM »

I am not calling anymore, but don't these schools care that seat deposits are due soon.

Why should they care?  They have plenty of qualified applicants.  So what if they lose some b/c of seat deposits?  And yes, they do make notes of people calling.

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 04:40:15 PM »

Short answer - - - - YES!
Get Right, or get Left!!!!

Tymeless

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 04:41:07 PM »

Why should they care?  They have plenty of qualified applicants.  So what if they lose some b/c of seat deposits?  And yes, they do make notes of people calling.

Ok, thanks for your advice. I will stop harrassing the offices.