Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion

Author Topic: Cheeks or Other US applicants  (Read 818 times)

• View Profile
Cheeks or Other US applicants
« on: March 24, 2005, 02:25:27 PM »
Hi Guys,

Did any of you get any money from the Universities? Are you taking the entire amount for loans? Can you please share some details on the financial aspect?

Thank You

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cheeks or Other US applicants
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 11:08:03 PM »
hey ML, sorry for the delayed response.

My financial stuff is still kinda up in the air.  I made finalist for the mordecai @ Duke, which is full-tuition+stipend, but I turned that out.  On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I didn't get any merit from Chicago, but they said they would give me any amount of loans, to pay for school.

Initially, I figured that I would take out a Canadian Line of Credit to pay anything that I couldn't come up with, but now I'm leaning a bit more towards a loan at the school I attend.

I haven't heard from Columbia, which is my top choice, but I'll let you know what I get.  I also have a spreadsheet that might help you a bit with your finances, you can PM me with your email, and I"ll send it to you, or I think someone uploaded it to CLSF ... in the Need Advice board.

I (heart) Pudge

• Bring on the third tier!
    • View Profile
Re: Cheeks or Other US applicants
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 12:21:10 AM »
I'm hoping to get some scholarship money, but I don't know if it will be all that much. I'll be taking out loans to pay for the bulk of it. Debt scares me.