Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cheeks or Other US applicants  (Read 695 times)

Monalisa

• View Profile
Cheeks or Other US applicants
« on: March 24, 2005, 02:25:27 PM »
Hi Guys,

Did any of you get any money from the Universities? Are you taking the entire amount for loans? Can you please share some details on the financial aspect?

Thank You

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cheeks or Other US applicants
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 11:08:03 PM »
hey ML, sorry for the delayed response.

My financial stuff is still kinda up in the air.  I made finalist for the mordecai @ Duke, which is full-tuition+stipend, but I turned that out.  On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I didn't get any merit from Chicago, but they said they would give me any amount of loans, to pay for school.

Initially, I figured that I would take out a Canadian Line of Credit to pay anything that I couldn't come up with, but now I'm leaning a bit more towards a loan at the school I attend.

I haven't heard from Columbia, which is my top choice, but I'll let you know what I get.  I also have a spreadsheet that might help you a bit with your finances, you can PM me with your email, and I"ll send it to you, or I think someone uploaded it to CLSF ... in the Need Advice board.

hth.

cheeks.

I (heart) Pudge

• Bring on the third tier!
    • View Profile
Re: Cheeks or Other US applicants
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 12:21:10 AM »
I'm hoping to get some scholarship money, but I don't know if it will be all that much. I'll be taking out loans to pay for the bulk of it. Debt scares me.