Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Toledo v Mich St. v DePaul... what to do... Long post.. need advice!!  (Read 1216 times)

Comm-Law

• View Profile
Re: Toledo v Mich St. v DePaul... what to do... Long post.. need advice!!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 11:57:50 PM »
Thanks for the info rhapsody.  I'll look into those areas that you mentioned.  I'd rather invest in a house rather than rent IF I can pull-it-off.  It just seems wrong to pay someone else a monthly rent check which is HIGHER than my current mortgage payment. 

- Comm-Law

rhapsody

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 08:23:09 AM »
No problem.  I understand where you're coming from.  If your spouse really doesn't like DC, is it worth it to come to Catholic?

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 03:26:08 PM »
Comm-Law

I live in DuPont Circle and can tell you right now, your odds of finding a safe area to live in with good schools is probably not going to happen for under 500k. The public school system in DC is absolutely terrible. Hell, last summer I lived across from a crack dealer down at 10th and G in NE, a rowhouse back in that area just sold for 350k and they're tearing it down and turning the block into luxury condos i think.

Your best bet would be a 2br townhouse in Northern VA, it's kind of a crappy commute, but VA public schools are unbelievably good. Chantilly, Centreville, Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, etc. Those are all good places to check out for housing. Even then, expect to spend around 350-400 if you want to buy.

If you do want to live in the District, AVOID AT ALL costs anything in SW or SE. Someone has been shot or stabbed to death every weekend since I moved here last August. It's startin to get worse in NE too. Some guy got shot in the face and stabbed 3 times a few weeks ago and someone has been robbing people at local ATM's.

If you want to know about specific areas in DC just send me a message.