Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PITT vs. St. Louis  (Read 354 times)

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
PITT vs. St. Louis
« on: March 24, 2005, 12:05:12 PM »
I want your opinion.

I can go to Pitt for $10,000 per year
or
St. Louis Univ for $5,500 per year.

I am indifferent between the two cities, and my living expenses will be comparable.

What do you think?  I'm really torn, and I want to see if someone can add something to my thought process that I haven't considered.
Pitt is it!

ilsox7

Re: PITT vs. St. Louis
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 12:12:14 PM »
Easy: where do you want to practice?  St. Louis or Pittsburgh?

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 12:14:43 PM »
I'm indifferent.  While I'm sure this will somehow turn into a "Mexico City" vs. "Juneau" vs. "D.C." Discussion, I'm still hoping I'll get some help here. 
Pitt is it!

ilsox7

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 12:19:27 PM »
I'm indifferent.  While I'm sure this will somehow turn into a "Mexico City" vs. "Juneau" vs. "D.C." Discussion, I'm still hoping I'll get some help here. 

I would visit both cities.  Pick the one oyu like best b/c chances are that is where you will start practicing.  So, the next 3 years of your life will definitely be spent there, and probably many more.  If you are into healthcare stuff, SLU is great for that.  Pitt has some nice int'l law thigns going on.  But honestly, it really comes down to where you'd feel more comfortable going.  Pitt is also the best game in town in Pittsburgh, while SLU has Wash U. in its backyard, but most Wash U. grads leave the state so it's not a big deal.  I've been to St. Louis often and love it, but never been to Pittsburgh so I couldn't comment on that.  Both seem to have cheap COL.  I'd visit and go with your gut.