Law School Discussion

"Hold" at Case Western;Help! Please What should I do?

"Hold" at Case Western;Help! Please What should I do?
« on: March 23, 2005, 05:00:25 PM »
The letter goes:

"Dear Mr. Jordan,
I would like to thank you for your interest in Case Western Law School. Blah Blah Blah...

The Admissions Committee has concluded its preliminary review of your application; however, it has not reached a final decision. At this time, your application has been placed on "Hold," postponing a final decision until mid to late April. Please note that this is not a Wait List. We remain very interested in your candidacy to the law school and will continue to actively consider your application throughout the selection process. Each year, we do admit many students whose files have been placed on "Hold" during the admissions process... blah blah blah"

So pleace give me some advice, what should I do? Send in another recommendation? I'm working right now as an assistant teacher via AmeriCorps. Would a rec. from her help. Would a short typed letter about how Case is my number one school also help?

avalanchefan

Re: "Hold" at Case Western;Help! Please What should I do?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 05:02:13 PM »
I got the same letter today too.  What are your numbers?

Eegahh

• MSN Messenger - ifnumber34@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 05:26:13 PM »
You should absolutely write a letter of continued interest, and talk specifically about what things at Case make you want to go there, so they don't think it's a form letter you sent out to a bunch of places.

Timing is another question, though.  Some people seem to think you're better off sending it right after the first seat deposit deadline, when they're starting to get an idea of how many spots they've got filled.  I don't know if that's a good idea or not.

cam108

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 05:44:03 PM »
hm, i stil havent even heard from them! wonder if i get the same letter. ???

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 05:55:24 PM »
I got the same letter today.  I figure it's a yield protection letter.  They will wait to see who puts down seat deposits, and then pick the remainder of the class from those who are in hold status, and who have replied with strong interest.

I'm going to work on my reply tonight :)

Case, you really are my first choice okay?  Now hurry up and accept me and give me some money too!

Ver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 06:49:25 PM »
I got the same letter. I figure it is probably because I didn't do the "Why Case" essay on the app.

Painting101

• 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 06:51:40 PM »
I'm guessing I'll get the same letter b/c you guys all have strong numbers.  Did you not write the "why case" essay?  i didn't.  :-\

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 07:06:47 PM »
Hey don't worry about the essay toooooo much. I think it can put you over the edge in some respects. But I don't think not doing it will screw you. I THOUGHT I had done it. Of course my memory sucks. I looked at my electronic submission stuff on LSAC today and sure as sh*t I did not do it. I now remember deciding to write one for another school instead. So don't fret. I bet you're just fine. But maybe send that letter we talked about yesterday? I wrote one on March 15th and *maybe* it helped them to see I wanted to go there? Anyways, good luck. All of you guys have super strong numbers..plenty good for Case! They seem to have an aversion to spilts, maybe? I give up on trying to figure them out.

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 07:13:27 PM »
To Painting101: What are u refering to in terms of the comment "send that letter we talked about yesterday?"
By the way, I did write why I wanted to go to Case. I'm just going to write them a still interested letter and hope for the best.
Thanks! :)

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 07:17:07 PM »
Oops. So sorry. I was referencing another thread (What Schools have you been complete at FOREVER) in which I mentioned maybe Painting101 should write a letter to Chris Lucak or someone else in the admissions office and simply reiterate a strong interest in attending. We had been thinking maybe they thought we did not want to go there and were using it as a safety (I was justifying my lack of acceptance in any self-serving way possible).   ;D ;D Sorry for the confusion!