Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I can't believe someone applied to 50 schools!  (Read 2260 times)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
I can't believe someone applied to 50 schools!
« on: March 23, 2005, 06:08:54 PM »
Sorry if this has been covered before, but have you all seen this?

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?action=comment&cycle=0405&user=Manson

???

Do you think this is a joke or is it for real?  If this is real, LSAC and the schools really need to do something about limiting the number of apps people fill out.  This guy is using up the resources of 50 schools adcomms and can ONLY ATTEND ONE SCHOOL!  He certainly can't really want to go to more than 10-15 of these. 

Unbelievable! :o

sarendipity

• Sr. Citizen
  • My law school roommate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - froggerlaw
    • View Profile
Re: I can't believe someone applied to 50 schools!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 06:12:30 PM »
well if it isn't a joke, he's more crazy than the rest of us
"Remember what I said about finding a meaningful life . . . Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning . . . You notice there's nothing in there about a salary."   ~ Morrie Schwartz

zakrob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 06:16:46 PM »
Well, at least he had a lot of fee waivers, so it's not like he spent a fortune in app fees...but I received a bunch of fee waivers that I didn't even use because I'd still have to pay to have my lsdas report sent and if I didn't want to go there anyway, I figured why waste the school's time.
Fortune cookie wisdom: No one knows what she can do until she tries

sarendipity

• Sr. Citizen
  • My law school roommate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - froggerlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 06:20:42 PM »
Maybe he spazzed out and didn't think he'd get accepted many places. I've had my days of feeling like that. But yeah, fee waivers help. And he seems like an older applicant so maybe money isn't that much of an issue for him
"Remember what I said about finding a meaningful life . . . Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning . . . You notice there's nothing in there about a salary."   ~ Morrie Schwartz

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 06:21:57 PM »
I guess my point is that having that little self confidence is not a good characteristic for a lawyer wannabe.  Also, it hurts the rest of us because he is wasting a lot of time for a lot of schools. 

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 06:24:11 PM »
There is one that applied to more schools, he said in his comments section that he spent like $4000 dollars on app fees. Wish I had remembered to write down the name.

mercutio_13

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 06:25:49 PM »
C'mon people!

He spazzed because he applied so late in the process.

His earliest apps were end of January.

He didn't know where he stood this late in the game, so he used the "carpet-bomb" application technique.

Balve

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 07:01:57 PM »
Nothing wrong with keeping your options open. Maybe he wants to live in a million different places and can't make up his mind where he wants to go. He's getting dinged from the good places and more dings coming it seems.

jared413

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 07:19:14 PM »
Maybe he'll tour the campus for each school too. At least he will rack up some frequent flier miles.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 07:24:25 PM »
At least he has options...