Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GSU visit  (Read 661 times)

yellowdaisy

• View Profile
GSU visit
« on: March 23, 2005, 02:53:38 PM »
Had a very nice visit to GSU if a little frustrated by their security measures. I went on an unofficial visit so I'm sure I would have had more access if I had a guide.

The building is aesthetically appealing.  The students seemed happy and friendly. Even the parking attendant was friendly and she wanted to discuss the Schiavo case when I told her I was visiting the law school. I was unable to enter the library because student id was required. People were chatting and laughing. There seemed to be some kind of event going on in the mock courtroom because some people were dressed in "lawyer" clothes but even they seemed happy and not tense. I did not see any street people or panhandlers.

This is in marked contrast to my visit to UGA. Even though the campus is beautiful and pastoral I got an extremely oppressive feeling the minute I walked into the law school. I had free access and walked through the building and library but the students seemed gloomy, the building dreary and just not a pleasant place to be.

I am very happy with my decision and will be writing UGA a nice letter declining their offer. Hopefully this will make someone happy who is waiting on a spot.

phishie

• GPA: 3.26, LSAT: 158 (Info is on LSN)
    • View Profile
Re: GSU visit
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 04:15:43 PM »
Admitted 1L's for GSU:

Yahoo groups forum started:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsulaw2008/
Schools pending: Emory, Wake Forest

Schools accepted so far:  Miami, GSU

School(s) deferred:  UVA

yellowdaisy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 09:29:21 PM »
Just thought I'd add that the law school bookstore and the law library are in the same building with the classrooms. You don't have to leave the building unless you get hungry!

AtlAggie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 09:31:13 PM »
Had a very nice visit to GSU if a little frustrated by their security measures. I went on an unofficial visit so I'm sure I would have had more access if I had a guide.

The building is aesthetically appealing.  The students seemed happy and friendly. Even the parking attendant was friendly and she wanted to discuss the Schiavo case when I told her I was visiting the law school. I was unable to enter the library because student id was required. People were chatting and laughing. There seemed to be some kind of event going on in the mock courtroom because some people were dressed in "lawyer" clothes but even they seemed happy and not tense. I did not see any street people or panhandlers.

This is in marked contrast to my visit to UGA. Even though the campus is beautiful and pastoral I got an extremely oppressive feeling the minute I walked into the law school. I had free access and walked through the building and library but the students seemed gloomy, the building dreary and just not a pleasant place to be.

I am very happy with my decision and will be writing UGA a nice letter declining their offer. Hopefully this will make someone happy who is waiting on a spot.

Thanks for the write-up! Good to hear some positive opinions!  :)  Did you try to arrainge an "official" visit at all?  I contacted the admission office today, but had no luck talking to anyone about arrainging a tour, class visit, etc.  I'm not going to be able to make the admitted student event on April 7th, but I still want to visit the school.  Too bad you weren't able to get into the library. 

Thanks again...