Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Who's moving in July?  (Read 744 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Who's moving in July?
« on: May 25, 2004, 10:29:01 PM »
Lavia you already know what I'm dealing with.

For those of you here that don't know already I am moving from Kansas City, Missouri to Newark, New Jersey...which is roughly a 1200 mile drive.  Planning on handing in the 2 weeks notice to the slave drivers on Friday, July 9th. If I may quote Office Space, statistics show there's less chance of an incident if these matters are handled at the end of a work week.  Depending on whether or not they want to continue to be the assholes that they are, they might just fire me on the spot and not allow me to work out my remaining 2 weeks. 

In any event, that's when I begin packing MY stuff.  I stress the words MY STUFF because I've already packed THEIR stuff and have successfully taken all the pens, pencils, mousepads, paper, folders, ink cartridges, etc that I could get my hands on for the past 3 months.  I don't have much stuff of my own, but I plan on renting a U-Haul truck and have some of the frat who are down for the road trip drive it while I drive my car or vice versa, whatever.  Before we do that, however, I have already been told that I have to have the biggest, most ignorant going away party the world has ever seen.  That happens somewhere in the week of July 26th.

Also, on a serious note, its important to have your car checked out for the long hall if you also have a long trip to get to your respective law school destination.

But getting back to the trip, I imagine we'll party till we puke, pass out, wake up and hit the road, making all the major stops along the way. Pick up Lavia in Michigan, kick it in columbus, go to a concert in Philly and then BOOM. There I am in Jersey getting mugged for 5 dollars on the street corner right outside my law school by a 12 year old kid who needs some money for the video arcades.

Can't wait!!!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston