Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Does Denver have any cons besides the regional factor?

thoughts
 1 (50%)
thoughts
 1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Lets talk about Denver  (Read 2755 times)

TheSHocker

• View Profile
Re: Lets talk about Denver
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 01:38:01 PM »
To contribute to the post, I loved the building at DU when I visisted.  By far the nicest facility that I have seen in looking at schools.  I have also heard that DU does have a good reputation within the city, but as someone else said, it runs into some pretty stiff competition from the more national schools.
WHo SHocked YA!!!!

Franz

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 01:38:38 PM »
Franz, you the man. Are you gonig? Is there anything good material on the web about the school...besides obvious ones (website, other threads on this site)? I thought the stress was over after I got in...Now its stressing about the school!!

i went complete just recently, so i do not have my decision, but i most likely will not be attending if accepted.

there are many theads on this site re: DU, probably some of the same info that was posted here though.  not sure about other sites, but if you have more questions about the city, let me know.

jddc

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2005, 02:46:03 PM »
def slow...you may want to send a letter of continued interest...why do you love denver so much?

jddc

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2005, 03:05:03 PM »
matthies-

do you have any suggestions for apartments in Denver. Ive heard Wash Park is convenient...close to the city and the school...do most law students live right near campus? do you have any suggestions of specific apt buildings in wash park, or any other areas that you suggest?

jddc

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2005, 03:23:45 PM »
im definitely planning on coming out sometime in may/june. i think i want to live in a highrise...but wont be able to pay more than 800 so maybe im just dreaming. dont like the idea of renting in someones house...pretty set on living in a decent size building...do most law students live in the DU area, if not, where? thanks

rogue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2005, 09:45:25 PM »
Who is planning on attending Denver in the Fall? I got a pretty good scholarship offer from them so it has risen to the top of my list. I'm still waiting on BYU, but realistically I probably won't get in there. From what I've read and heard about Denver it's a pretty good school and Denver seems like a great city to live in. I've heard nothing but good about their new building. So maybe I'll see some of you guys there in the Fall.

lah05

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2005, 09:05:37 PM »
I also received a nice scholarship offer from Denver, which makes them very hard to turn down.  I was just there yesterday for their Open House, and was very impressed by the building.  The large class size makes me slightly apprehensive though.  One of the students on the panel said that the 1L sections have 80 students in each.  It seems like it would be tough to get to know the faculty and even the students in your section during the first year with class sizes that large (coming from a girl who goes to a very small liberal arts school). 

That was also my first time in Denver, and it's tough to decide whether I want to spend the rest of my life there (taking the regional factor into account) when I was only there for part of a day.  I just don't know!

I'll probably put my deposit down for Denver, but I've been accepted to the MPA graduate program at IU and I'm waitlisted in the law school.  If I get into the IU law school I'll probably go to IU because their joint degree program is amazing and I really liked the feel of the school.

Any other thoughts on Denver?     

Attending:  Indiana University-Bloomington
Go Hoosiers!

lah05

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2005, 09:30:56 PM »
What's up with Denver's drop in US News rankings for 2006?  Anyone know (or care)?
Attending:  Indiana University-Bloomington
Go Hoosiers!

jddc

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2005, 10:36:38 PM »
No Clue. Curious also...

golfman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2005, 11:25:23 PM »
just curious for all the people that got accepted when is the seat deposit deadline? I have yet to be a accepted, i took the feb lsat so my app just went complete march 14th ish. Thanks