Law School Discussion

Northwestern Dinners

Northwestern Dinners
« on: March 23, 2005, 08:00:59 AM »
Who's been to one of these and who's going to the one in DC tonight?

ljl

Re: Northwestern Dinners
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 08:35:59 AM »
Who's been to one of these and who's going to the one in DC tonight?

I'm going to the DC dinner tonight (B. Smith's is kind of icky though)...there is a thread about this week's dinners on xoxo and it sounds tonight will be interesting/informative.

Are you wearing a suit?

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 08:49:29 AM »
no I'm not wearing a suit.  I'm wearing brown pants and a nice sweater.  Strickly Banana Republic stuff I wear to work.  I'm sure it won't be a problem, I think it if the dress were formal or business the invitation would have said so, right?  Well that's what I'm going with.  What's icky about the restaurant?

ljl

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 08:58:06 AM »
I was going to wear a cute spring pants outfit, but the weather didn't cooperate so I just went with one of my suits...this rain is gross!
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a mix of dress so we'll be both fine I'm sure.

B. Smith's isn't horrible, I'm just not a big fan of creole food or the Union Station restaurants in general, they're a little touristy/cheesy.  Having the Metro right there is nice though...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing what 'type' of people NU attracts, although I've already made my decision to attend.  I feel like I may be on the younger side and hope that tonight proves me wrong!

no I'm not wearing a suit.  I'm wearing brown pants and a nice sweater.  Strickly Banana Republic stuff I wear to work.  I'm sure it won't be a problem, I think it if the dress were formal or business the invitation would have said so, right?  Well that's what I'm going with.  What's icky about the restaurant?