Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: March 23 now, are they all dings????  (Read 2417 times)

pcfordham

• View Profile
    • Email
March 23 now, are they all dings????
« on: March 23, 2005, 09:52:50 AM »
I am still waiting on a bunch of schools, I got rejected from three already and accepted to four...The four I got accepted to are all safety schools and some of my medium schools like Pace and Cuse rejected me...Because its late, are all the rest going to be dings???????? I'm hopin I have a chance at Albany, but it sounds like the Aaample program has deposits soon...3.3 151, Fordham Undergrad...

imtheantelope

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: March 23 now, are they all dings????
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 09:55:22 AM »
Im waiting for my targets as well... I dont want to be pessemistic, but I feel as if, at least in my case, they are probably all rejections...

good luck to you, where else did you apply?  have you considered taking the lsat again and applying next fall cycle if you dont get in to a school that you really like?
Accepted: Suffolk, Albany$, New York Law$, Hofstra$, Touro$
Waitlisted:  Brooklyn, Northeastern, Villanova, American
Denied: Fordham, Temple
ATTENDING: ST JOHNS

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=imtheantelope

LaneSwerver

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 09:59:27 AM »
Take a deep breath. Just because deposit deadlines come and go doesn't mean decisions won't be made. Schools make decisions after the deadlines based upon how many people place a deposit...they have to fill their class.

loryivey

• AOL Instant Messenger - loryivey
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 10:00:39 AM »
I just got into Fordham (full time, day) on Monday, so there's hope yet.  Best of luck!

Comm-Law

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 01:02:00 AM »
Nope... not at all.

I received a call from the director of admissions at NIU today.  She wanted to personally let me know that I was in.

I also received a letter from Case today stating that my file was ON HOLD.  Not waitlisted, not denied... just not decided yet.

- Comm-Law

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 01:11:08 AM »
To the OP, good luck with Albany. The AAMPLE program seems to be pretty cool and it looks like they're really giving people a chance. If you don't get in as a regular admit, it seems like you have a good chance in the AAMPLE program. Good luck!

It's not over yet. You can't give up until the letter is in your hand.

sarendipity

• Sr. Citizen
  • My law school roommate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - froggerlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 08:16:43 AM »
it's great to finally see a positive thread. Kudos to everyone for being supportive
"Remember what I said about finding a meaningful life . . . Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning . . . You notice there's nothing in there about a salary."   ~ Morrie Schwartz

werbz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evil Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 08:22:00 AM »
I'm in NOWHERE yet... So I'm hoping the six I have out there will include at least one, hopefully more, accepts.

karita624

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 08:40:28 AM »
I do wish everyone luck, but I must say that things have not been fantastic on my end.  I applied late (think late January), and I have received 4 waitlists in the past week.  Two of them (according to LSN, chaisu) I statistically could have been accepted to (and people like me were earliere in the cycle).  The other two were a toss up. 
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just giving you my info.  I think a lot of us will get off waitlists this year. 

sarendipity

• Sr. Citizen
  • My law school roommate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - froggerlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 08:54:44 AM »
That seems to be the consensus Karita....that # of apps are up but not the # of applicants. I guess we all just have to hang in there!
"Remember what I said about finding a meaningful life . . . Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning . . . You notice there's nothing in there about a salary."   ~ Morrie Schwartz