Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell Decision  (Read 6710 times)

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell Decision
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2005, 05:47:23 PM »
Anybody that went to decision Tuesday (besides those accepted the next day) get anything today?

peteybetey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2005, 05:54:16 PM »
The last batch of accepted emails was sent Wed. morning.

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2005, 05:13:02 PM »
I got my "reserved" letter today. It specifically says that they put hundreds of people on the reserved list, and spaces may or may not open up...
Great.

disgruntled

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2005, 05:26:23 PM »
I got my "reserved" letter today. It specifically says that they put hundreds of people on the reserved list, and spaces may or may not open up...
Great.

sorry to hear that, siehead. i am positive that i will be receiving this letter as well on mon/tues.
did the letter say anything about rankings on the reserve list, or about the possibility of submitting supplemental materials to bolster your file?
thanks, and good luck on your pending apps.

Carpe JDiem

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2005, 05:47:41 PM »
I went to decision today...per an earlier post, all acceptances have gone out and the best I can hope for is a "reserved" letter, correct?

This is the only one that will really hurt.

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2005, 03:13:36 AM »
I'm sure I will be joining you siehead on Monday when I get the mail.  Oh well, its not like we didn't see it coming.

Nicu

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2005, 10:54:45 PM »
Yep... "reserve" it is... no need to check email anymore. The letter mentions "several hundred" held on reserve. Anyone called and asked for a more specific number? Here's my optimistic look at the facts: the same letter mentions that they had over 4000 applicants this year... Last year they had 4706 and made 778 offers of admission. They also talk about number of offers they like to have outstanding at any period in time... so my guess is they have about 600-650 outstanding offers of admissions right now and are likely to make another 100-150 to fill up the class by going to the reserve list. 150 out of 300-400 is not bad at all. And that's just one of my 4 T14 waitlists! Things are good. Siehead, chances are pretty good for you to get an offer too, so you might owe me a drink before everything is said and done! Cheers!

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2005, 01:10:37 AM »
Reserve list and I am optimistic as well. From highly scientific studies I have conducted on LSN, it appears as though most of those already accepted at Cornell are in at multiple other T14s, and hardly anybody at that level has Cornell as #1.  Of course Cornell knows this and plans for it, but it makes a lot of sense that Cornell will use a lot of its reserve list to keep the outright acceptances low.

This makes my 4th T14 waitlist..seems to be a common theme.

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2005, 02:37:11 AM »
I will gladly buy you a drink if you are right nicu, I mean 6 T14 reserve/waitlists so far has got to be a good sign right? Neub, you get a drink as well, for old times sake.

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2005, 04:23:46 PM »
I will drink to your generosity siehead. Have you decided where you are going? I see your GW acceptance but with a few lingering pendings.  I visited GW yesterday to weigh it again BU/BC.  I liked it, but I'm not sure if enough to draw me away from Boston which is my home right now.