Law School Discussion

University At Buffalo, Class of 2008

140am

• View Profile
University At Buffalo, Class of 2008
« on: March 22, 2005, 12:21:26 PM »
Who here is going to UB Law starting in August?  I am unless I get into Temple or Villanova.

I figured I'd see what's up with seat deposits being due April 1st and everything.

140am

• View Profile
Re: University At Buffalo, Class of 2008
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 08:06:01 AM »
bump -- I can't be the only one here potentially heading north :)

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 09:28:46 AM »
I'm pretty sure at this point I'm going to Rutgers. I missed the UB Open House because I was on death's door (not really, I just had a *really bad* cold...).  They told me they'd hold my deposit date until after the next open house on 4/16, but I'm not sure they have enough going for them to beat out Rutgers for me.  They are certainly by far the cheapest option for me.  That and their PI Law program are what's keeping them in the running for me, at least for now. 

Did you happen to attend the Open House in March? 

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 08:14:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure at this point I'm going to Rutgers. I missed the UB Open House because I was on death's door (not really, I just had a *really bad* cold...).  They told me they'd hold my deposit date until after the next open house on 4/16, but I'm not sure they have enough going for them to beat out Rutgers for me.  They are certainly by far the cheapest option for me.  That and their PI Law program are what's keeping them in the running for me, at least for now. 

Did you happen to attend the Open House in March? 

I did not attend.  I live near Philadelphia, so it's quite a hike.  I've never even been to Buffalo before.

likebutta10

• My lil Ellie bean
    • AOL Instant Messenger - likebutta10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 08:20:35 AM »
ummmmm...u may want to think about taking the hike up here......we don't call it "Barfalo" for nothing. ;)

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 08:24:04 AM »
ummmmm...u may want to think about taking the hike up here......we don't call it "Barfalo" for nothing. ;)

Thanks.  I'm aware that it's perhaps not a city on the move, so to speak or anything like that, but it's 2nd tier, 17 grand a year (before getting in-state later), and has good programs in what I want to study (affordable housing and community development).

I've lived in Scranton and Altoona -- I think I can handle it.

likebutta10

• My lil Ellie bean
    • AOL Instant Messenger - likebutta10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 08:27:28 AM »
just as long as you're aware of it sweet cheeks!

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 09:19:05 AM »
just as long as you're aware of it sweet cheeks!

It's cool, and thanks for the heads-up.  Personally, I find that cities which aren't in their best moments are often full of heart, with lots of character.  I'm in a moment in my life where I'm unemcumbered with relationships or strong ties to one area or another, so this is potentially a good time for me to try a new place.  If it doesn't work out, there the possibility of a transfer or just sucking it up, chalking it up to a life experience, and moving back to an area where I'd be more comfortable.

From the looks of it, it doesn't look like there is NOTHING to do, and as long as there's a decent enough bar scene, a modicum (or at least a bit) of culture, I think I can stand it.  That said, I wouldn't move there without a proper visit, ie: a drive up there, a day of exploring, checking out the campus, and a night on the town.