Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chicago-Kent Honors Ding  (Read 761 times)

ljl

• View Profile
Chicago-Kent Honors Ding
« on: March 22, 2005, 01:03:23 PM »
I did not even make it to the interview round for the Chicago-Kent Honors program.  (considering my less-than-stellar- GPA I'm not too surprised)

All I can say is that this makes me even more thankful I got into NU!

In the same letter they told me I was accepted to the regular Chicago-Kent program with $15k the first year and then $10,000k for subsequent years (subject to maintaining a 3.25 GPA.)

happycat

Re: Chicago-Kent Honors Ding
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 02:18:59 PM »
sorry to hear that.  You still have some great choices though.  Good luck to you!

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 09:52:24 PM »
You got accepted to Northwestern. Is chicago kent even a tier 1 school?

karita624

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 08:36:15 AM »
I did not even make it to the interview round for the Chicago-Kent Honors program.  (considering my less-than-stellar- GPA I'm not too surprised)

All I can say is that this makes me even more thankful I got into NU!

In the same letter they told me I was accepted to the regular Chicago-Kent program with $15k the first year and then $10,000k for subsequent years (subject to maintaining a 3.25 GPA.)

I have the same numbers as you, and I *really* want to go to NU.... can you tell me if you did anything special (ie extra recs, special work experience, incredible interview, etc) that might have helped you in the admissions process?  According to LSN, most people around us numbers-wise are getting WLed, so I was just curious....

hunterhogan

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.19/173
    • View Profile
    • www.hunterthinks.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 01:57:26 PM »
I got the ding also. Although, they didn't offer me admission to the school in the same letter. They just invited me to apply. Hmm, did you also apply through the regular admissions process before you applied to the Honors program?