Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3 rejections so far...NO acceptances  (Read 3497 times)

ouchic2005

• View Profile
3 rejections so far...NO acceptances
« on: March 21, 2005, 08:21:34 PM »
Ok so I feel as though I may not be going to law school any time soon...anyone else in the same boat here?!?  I've gotten 3 rejections in the past month...all from schools I thought that I had somewhat of a chance at, which leaves my "dream schools" and obviously thats not looking very promising.  I am depressed and freaking out.  Any one have any similar stories w/ good outcomes??? 
143+149=146/3.37 GPA
Acceptances:  Still waiting...
Pending: Cardozo, Touro, NYLS
Missing out on me..: Valpo, Chapman, Pace, Cornell, Hofstra, UNLV, Widener, Brooklyn

F05HOPEFUL

Re: 3 rejections so far...NO acceptances
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 08:26:54 PM »
I feel you.  Applied to 17 schools, got 13 rejections, 1 WL, and still have 3 pending.  Also, one of those rejections predicted a 94% chance (Chiashu).

Keep the faith.  Looks like your LSAT is keeping you down.  You can always retest, whereas I am hindered most by my shody GPA.  Best of Luck to you!

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 08:30:01 PM »
Ok so I feel as though I may not be going to law school any time soon...anyone else in the same boat here?!?  I've gotten 3 rejections in the past month...all from schools I thought that I had somewhat of a chance at, which leaves my "dream schools" and obviously thats not looking very promising.  I am depressed and freaking out.  Any one have any similar stories w/ good outcomes??? 

well, i dont know what chance you have at the schools that still remain (though i think the 146 is gonna bite your butt on that cornell app of yours ;))

i had been rejected by my three top choices before my back up school swooped in to save the day by offereing me a full ride, so that deffinatly perked me up.

did you mention anything about testing low traditionally? (like proof of a low sat score vs your gpa of 3.3?)  those kinda of things are critical when you are battling low scores...

ouchic2005

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 08:35:43 PM »
I should've written something about testing low...because I didn't score well on the SAT either.  Really I just suck with standardized testing but didn't want to make it sound like a pity party when I sent in my app.  Now I am thinking I should've!  I sent in an addendum with my Pace application explaining the circumstances surrounding my first LSAT but still scored bad on both anyways.

The only reason I applied to Cornell was because I got a Trustee Emeritus there to write me a really good rec. so I thought why not...but I don't know how much it'll really help at a school like that. 
143+149=146/3.37 GPA
Missing out on me..: Valpo, Chapman, Pace, Cornell, Hofstra, UNLV, Widener, Brooklyn

angression

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 08:41:14 PM »
Well...I'm in the same boat as you ouchic.  3.12 and a 147 with 2 rejections (one came on my anniversary with my fiance, which was awesome) and 3 pending...sigh...at least we're not alone.
Acceptances: Please!!!???
Rejections: St. John's, Cardozo, NYLS
Pending: Touro, UBalt, Widener

"Nearly all men can stand adversity but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 08:48:44 PM »
You really need to retest.  I honestly don't think that a 146 will get you in anywhere.  That is below the 50th percentile.  Much below I think.  Anywhere it did get you in is somewhere probably not worth spending the money on. 
Attending GW in Fall '06

mm3953a

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 09:52:20 PM »
i applied to 37 law schools so far no acceptances. i've been rejected from 18 schools so i feel your pain all too much. i doubt i will get in anywhere so i've started applying to jobs. stay positive...you will need it.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 09:58:43 PM »
I have a 148 LSAT average (149,145,150). My UGPA is a 3.39 (double major). Grad GPA is a 4.0. I have been working 40 plus hours a week since under grad. Working full time through my masters. I have a ton of soft factors. I wrote an addendum about testing poorly on standardized tests and how my LSAT is not representative of my actual academic abilities.

I applied to 23 schools ranging in tier from 2 to 4. I am in at 3 schools (1 outright acceptance,2 conditional programs)...1 T4 and 2 T3's. I am WL at 5 schools (1 T2, 2 T3's, 2 T4's) Rejected from 8, waiting on 7.

There is hope. Good luck. :)
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

qtip2012

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT: 162 UGPA: 3.06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 10:11:36 PM »
If you really want to go to law school, I would advise applying to some more schools.  I would suggest Albany, Touro, Roger Williams and Vermont if you like the East Coast.

Keep the faith!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=MrGrieves

Heaven: Northeastern (w/ $8500), Brooklyn, Roger Williams (w/ $20000), St. John's (w/ 12500), Hofstra (w/ $16000), Case Western (w/ $9000), American
Hell: BU
Purgatory: UConn, Cardozo

Applied: Temple

ouchic2005

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 10:20:38 PM »
Thanks for all the support.  I think I will check out a few more schools on the east coast since thats really where I'd like to be.  Thanks for all the help though!  Hopefully I'll get an acceptance at some point!
143+149=146/3.37 GPA