Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3 rejections so far...NO acceptances  (Read 3486 times)

legallady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 3 rejections so far...NO acceptances
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2005, 03:26:18 PM »
Just DON'T DO PRINCETON REVIEW!!!!! I put myself into poverty this past fall paying for Princeton Review thinking it would work miracles on my LSAT score, and after weeks and weeks of intense studying, my score went DOWN. I'm not joking here, people. I have never worked so hard at something with so little benefit.
In: NOWHERE!
Waitlist: GW, Fordham, American
Out: Ha! Many... but let's focus on the semi-positive at this point, shall we?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2005, 03:29:49 PM »
I agree with legallady... AVOID THE PRINCETON REVIEW!! Total waste of money!
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

Bhoutros

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2005, 09:13:48 PM »
I agree re: Testmasters.  I took the class over the summer and took the LSAT in October.  I knew I was having problems with the 1st Section - but i BOMBED it and earned a 149 on the test.  (my 1st practice LSAT was 148).  What a bummer.

I studied on my own (doing all the TM homework I didn't get to the 1st time around) and used the Powerscore Logic Games Bible.  In Dec. I earned a 160.  I wish schools didn't average LSAT scores.  When I started LSAT prep I was determined to get a 165.  I revised that to 160.  My best practice test ever was 162, the worst 148.

Reading Comp. was always easy for me, and I did improve a bit on Logical Reasoning, but I really improved on the games.  Just do them over & over.

Good luck.  I applied to 12 schools and have been accepted at 5, deferred at 1 and WL at 1.  2 Denials and 2 still pending.  I never thought I'd have a chance - but I have options.  I am not interested even a little bit in T14 or Biglaw.

BeesKnees

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 10:41:58 PM »
In February, i was in nowhere, and freaking out.  I found that every statistic i could find about my odds of getting in somewhere differed.  Schools that i though would be safetys looked like they might be auto-rejects.

FYI, on chiashu,

my odds some of the schools i applied to were:

Syracuse - 35% - accepted
DePaul - 46% - rejected early Jan
Hofstra - 59% - waitlisted a week ago

... so who knows!

I have 3 years of work experience, strong recommendations, but nothing 'outstanding'.

Keep in mind, there are a lot of people who got accepted to schools they will not attend. Keep your chin up, and while cheesy and chiche, this is a character building experience.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2005, 01:58:52 AM »
i applied to 37 law schools so far no acceptances. i've been rejected from 18 schools so i feel your pain all too much. i doubt i will get in anywhere so i've started applying to jobs. stay positive...you will need it.

Wow! 37? Could you find 37 law schools that you liked? Good luck!