Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3 rejections so far...NO acceptances  (Read 3605 times)

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 3 rejections so far...NO acceptances
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 10:24:03 PM »
Thanks for all the support.  I think I will check out a few more schools on the east coast since thats really where I'd like to be.  Thanks for all the help though!  Hopefully I'll get an acceptance at some point!

Just a word of caution on Albany... they are only accepting lower LSATs into the AAMPLE program this year.  Several of us on the board were denied outright to be accepted on if we complete the summer program first.

Good luck!  I don't have any acceptances yet either!

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 09:40:42 AM »
Thanks for all the support.  I think I will check out a few more schools on the east coast since thats really where I'd like to be.  Thanks for all the help though!  Hopefully I'll get an acceptance at some point!

Don't worry. Remember, you only need one school to say yes!! And I am SURE you will at least get into Widener's TAP. Hang in there!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 01:00:33 PM »
i have a comment,

this thread, which is full of some low numbers and t3-t4 rejections, is so positive and communal

why is it that the t14 threads are so negative and trash talking?

what do they ultimatly have to worry about? they will all be fine! they dont even know what it feels like to hope to get in SOMEWHERE!

those applicants facing that kind of reality must want to puke when people whine about not getting into harvard after yale has already accepted them.....

i also have to say this- it takes a damn gutsy and deterined and CONFIDENT person to take on the uphill battle of getting into and going to law school if your numbers are against you (sub 3.0, sub 155 types)   arent we all scared of how law school is gonna beat us up? i wouldnt have the balls/gumbtion to face the challenge if i was struggling to get in to any school, and i commend you if you do! its awesome

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 01:22:15 PM »
TBone,

That was a very nice post. It seems as if the lower scorers tend to stick together more than the higher scorers. I think it is because we are all going through the same humbling experience, as we wait and pray that we get into school because we really are at the fate of the admission committee.

For a lot of us, it is not our GPA that holds us back, but rather our LSAT scores. I think that I speak for more than just myself when I say that most of us have awesome work experience, advanced degress, and leadership roles. We are not afraid of hard work, and although the LSAT is not in our favor, we know that academia was never our problem. We just have to prove it, and once in school, we are pretty confident that we will do just that. :)
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 01:35:26 PM »
I have a fairly good set of numbers and got into a great school, GW, but I think its awesome that people are fighting for what they want.  Most of the lower numbers ppl. will end up being amazing trial lawyers.  Read, A Civil Action (true story).  One of the lawyers went to suffolk law...... 

Personally, I think law school is what you make of it no matter where you are.  Given, I am VERY proud to have gotten into GW, but I feel my future as a lawyer would be just as good had I ended up at Catholic.  The more I think about it, I don't want biglaw.  Nobody is ever happy there.  I would rather work for a small and successful civil litigation firm, make just as much money (if not more) than biglaw pays, AND actually get to see a courtroom before I am 50.

Plug on.  My prayers are with all of you waiting........
Attending GW in Fall '06

legallady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 02:22:14 PM »
this thread, which is full of some low numbers and t3-t4 rejections, is so positive and communal

why is it that the t14 threads are so negative and trash talking?

what do they ultimatly have to worry about? they will all be fine! they dont even know what it feels like to hope to get in SOMEWHERE!

those applicants facing that kind of reality must want to puke when people whine about not getting into harvard after yale has already accepted them...

We have come to the astonishing conclusion that you can't judge a person by their GPA and LSAT score (crazy, isn't it???).

As for where you'll get in, it's all the same experience whether you're being rejected from a T14 school or a t4 school. Being rejected from somewhere you want to go sucks. Getting in to your top choice rocks (or so I hear :)). That's that.
In: NOWHERE!
Waitlist: GW, Fordham, American
Out: Ha! Many... but let's focus on the semi-positive at this point, shall we?

p

• Sr. Citizen
  • "It's like raaiinnn.."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 02:28:40 PM »
ouchic2005: I definitely think your LSAT is what is killing your apps. How did you prepare? Although it is unusual to take it a third time, if you could raise your score by several points, it would put you in a completely different bracket in the minds of adcoms.

Tbone: That was a really great post. Although, I have slightly higher scores and have been accepted a lot of really great schools, I have many of the same feelings regarding standardized tests not being a test of my true abilities/ what if I go to a really high ranked school and get smacked down.
I think that everyone who has the guts/confidence to apply to school with lower than average schools (or anyone who is still positive and perky after reading some of the posts on here :)) is already proving that they belong in law school and will excel.

I wish everyone lots of luck
"Children? If I have to have they'll make a great holiday party accessory. Oh, they can put coats away and stuff."

ouchic2005

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 02:48:32 PM »
ouchic2005: I definitely think your LSAT is what is killing your apps. How did you prepare? Although it is unusual to take it a third time, if you could raise your score by several points, it would put you in a completely different bracket in the minds of adcoms.

I took a powerscore last Apr.-June, was stupid and didn't feel "prepared" to take the June test so waited til Oct. which was a huge mistake.  I was scoring 150 on the practice tests in my class and my instructor said I could be scoring at least a 156 if I'd improve a few things (but couldn't everybody ?!?).  Either way re-took the Dec. LSAT and did 6 points better which is great but not when your score is STILL in the 140's!  I still have hopes of going to law school because I do not test well and I have other outside factors that I really thought would help my apps.  It's looking as though its not. 

I do appreciate the nice things that people have posted on here because I think it is all true.  I do not believe that the LSAT entirely predicts how we are all going to do in law school.  I think we all have a lot of ambition for even applying and going through this whole process with below average scores and I really think that says something. 
143+149=146/3.37 GPA
Acceptances:  Still waiting...
Pending: Cardozo, Touro, NYLS
Missing out on me..: Valpo, Chapman, Pace, Cornell, Hofstra, UNLV, Widener, Brooklyn

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 02:59:22 PM »

I took a powerscore last Apr.-June, was stupid and didn't feel "prepared" to take the June test so waited til Oct. which was a huge mistake.  I was scoring 150 on the practice tests in my class and my instructor said I could be scoring at least a 156 if I'd improve a few things (but couldn't everybody ?!?).  Either way re-took the Dec. LSAT and did 6 points better which is great but not when your score is STILL in the 140's!  I still have hopes of going to law school because I do not test well and I have other outside factors that I really thought would help my apps.  It's looking as though its not. 

I do appreciate the nice things that people have posted on here because I think it is all true.  I do not believe that the LSAT entirely predicts how we are all going to do in law school.  I think we all have a lot of ambition for even applying and going through this whole process with below average scores and I really think that says something. 

i know nothing about power score, but i took testmasters and i really liked it (day 1 of class i scored a 149 and by the end of the class i was hitting 172!)

i always knew i COULD do well on that test, but it took some serious class/homework time to get me "in shape" as it were. i understand that testmasters seriously "works you out" harder than other prep classes.

just a suggestion

ouchic2005

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2005, 03:09:38 PM »
WOW...that is a HUGE jump!  I started out scoring 140 I think and only went to 150 in practice tests.  I can't blame it all on PowerScore though because they gave me tons of books and homework to practice but after 1 and a half mos. of taking the course I was really burnt out and let the summer get a hold of me towards the end of the course.  So I messed up on that one.  I should've taken it at a better time then finals/summer...I am from the Dallas area so I don't know if we have Testmasters, but I think it is similar to PowerScore..I will check into it.
143+149=146/3.37 GPA
Acceptances:  Still waiting...
Pending: Cardozo, Touro, NYLS
Missing out on me..: Valpo, Chapman, Pace, Cornell, Hofstra, UNLV, Widener, Brooklyn