Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what does DECISION mean at WUSTL???  (Read 1684 times)

TBoneUCLA

what does DECISION mean at WUSTL???
« on: March 21, 2005, 07:51:45 PM »
okay,

i was told by a woman at wustl on 3/16 that my app had already gone decision and that they were preparing to send it to me now.

it is now 3/21 (nothing in the mail yet. i live in california) and not a soul on LSN has gotten rejected from wustl yet! is this a good sign for an acceptance coming my way??

bobo21

Re: what does DECISION mean at WUSTL???
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 08:30:04 PM »
I hope I'm not completely bursting your bubble, but I think they might be a school that made their rejection decisions by 3/16 and are waiting to send them all out at once.  Washington & Lee is doing that, after no rejections the last 10 people to update on LSN have been rejected, and nobody has been accepted for a couple weeks.

I'm in the same boat as you though, so I hope I'm wrong.

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 08:33:11 PM »
I hope I'm not completely bursting your bubble, but I think they might be a school that made their rejection decisions by 3/16 and are waiting to send them all out at once.  Washington & Lee is doing that, after no rejections the last 10 people to update on LSN have been rejected, and nobody has been accepted for a couple weeks.

what is the point of waiting to send out 5,000 rejection letters all at once? that doesnt actually makes sense to fill up an office with boxes and boxes of rejection letters - get rid of em!

i doubt w&l and wustl are like talking to each other and making sure they are insync.....
but i guess it is possible that that is what they are doing..... :-\

bobo21

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 08:39:25 PM »
I know it seems silly, but oh well...

I forgot to mention that Santa Clara seemed to have done that as well....silence, and then a ton of rejections...

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 08:50:05 PM »
I know it seems silly, but oh well...

I forgot to mention that Santa Clara seemed to have done that as well....silence, and then a ton of rejections...

i guess that is possible. it hardly matters. i doubt i would move to icky st louis to rack up $100,000 in tuiting loans to be stuck practicing law in the midwest when i can stay in sunny LA and go to law school for free...

ilsox7

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 09:06:27 PM »
I called them today.  They said they plan to send decisions out in the mail next week.

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 09:32:10 PM »
I called them today.  They said they plan to send decisions out in the mail next week.

decisions? good AND bad? why do they hold on to them at all?

vegannramember

• Sr. Citizen
  • going to fordham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 09:42:17 PM »
they email acceptances...

ilsox7

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 10:11:18 PM »
they email acceptances...

Not anymore according to people who talked with them.  They said emails won't be happening b/c of the time constraints.  Looking like this is true.

NothingSpecial

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 12:47:22 AM »
Bulk mail costs less than first class.  I heard that UCLA does the same thing.

what is the point of waiting to send out 5,000 rejection letters all at once? that doesnt actually makes sense to fill up an office with boxes and boxes of rejection letters - get rid of em!

i doubt w&l and wustl are like talking to each other and making sure they are insync.....
but i guess it is possible that that is what they are doing..... :-\