Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Loyola LA  (Read 3260 times)

holdingmybreath

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In at Loyola LA
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2005, 07:21:30 PM »
I think a better question is "has anyone actually gotten the decision within 7 days."  They all seem to take awhile and the response when people call has been "give it another week."

mrdot

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2005, 10:25:51 AM »
Another update- I emailed Loyola telling them I STILL haven't gotten an official decision (decision made 3/11, congrats letter dated 3/18), and they replied with a request to verify my address and a new letter will be sent out. So, if you are still waiting for your decisions, give them a call or drop them an e-mail to get a new letter sent out.

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2005, 03:00:48 AM »

--just give it time, it will come.

i got mine a while after i got the first letter.
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2005, 04:17:56 AM »

you got all your leters in the wrong order?

that is so random...

oh, loyola is currently seeking to fill thier director of admissions position, so that might explain why things are kooky over there.

it also might explain why when i talked to the 'director of admissions" she had no answers to my questions... ::)

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2005, 11:59:34 AM »

you got all your leters in the wrong order?

that is so random...

oh, loyola is currently seeking to fill thier director of admissions position, so that might explain why things are kooky over there.

it also might explain why when i talked to the 'director of admissions" she had no answers to my questions... ::)

So it is no longer Sonel Shropshire?   :'(  I was so looking forward to meeting him....
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

Starresky

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LeftMusic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2005, 12:41:28 PM »
So it is no longer Sonel Shropshire? :'( I was so looking forward to meeting him....

Sonel Shropshire (sp?) is the ASSISTANT Dean of Admissions. I think he'll still be there.

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2005, 06:32:07 PM »
So it is no longer Sonel Shropshire? :'( I was so looking forward to meeting him....

Sonel Shropshire (sp?) is the ASSISTANT Dean of Admissions. I think he'll still be there.

and i am talking about the DIRECTOR of admissions, vs a dean of admissions....

i didnt know sonel was assistant. you know, i called him two weeks ago and he never called me back. is he nice? personable? he apperhently has no interest in answering my questions about deans scholars...

the currently titled director of admissions is hallen chung. i do not know if she is interim, or simply on her way out....either they are looking for someone to replace her. she has been my ONLY contact with the admissions office, dispite MANY attemtps, and my conversation with her was very breif and left all of my questions still unanswered. a bit dissapointing.. ???

Starresky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2005, 06:48:58 PM »
TBone - I went on a student tour, but even though I put my foot in my mouth a few times with Sonel, he was EXTREMELY friendly, open, honest and personable. I think you will like him. He has lots to say about the school and you can tell he is very proud of it. He is not QUITE as bluntly honest as the Dean of Career Services because of course he is trying to recruit as many students as possible, but he answered any questions I had without hesitation. Did you sign up for a student hosted tour?

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2005, 07:09:00 PM »
TBone - I went on a student tour, but even though I put my foot in my mouth a few times with Sonel, he was EXTREMELY friendly, open, honest and personable. I think you will like him. He has lots to say about the school and you can tell he is very proud of it. He is not QUITE as bluntly honest as the Dean of Career Services because of course he is trying to recruit as many students as possible, but he answered any questions I had without hesitation. Did you sign up for a student hosted tour?

What did this bluntly honest career services person say? It doesn't sound like it was all positive stuff.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

Starresky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2005, 07:11:04 PM »
What did this bluntly honest career services person say? It doesn't sound like it was all positive stuff.

Just that if you want to work outside the L.A./Southern California/California area, Loyola is probably not your best bet for easy job placement. You'll have to do a lot of your own legwork although they have alumni in every state.