Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New York Law and CUNY...  (Read 675 times)

ek23

• View Profile
New York Law and CUNY...
« on: March 21, 2005, 07:37:51 PM »
So far I have applied to 11 schools and I've only heard back from NYLS and CUNY.  It is amazing how different the tuition is... nyls $38,000 and cuny is only around $8,000.  both were safety schools but CUNY's tuition deposit is due by Apr. 1 and NYLS is due by Apr. 15.

I don't want to get stuck not going anywhere but I'm afraid not to put down a deposit in case I don't hear from any other schools... Anyone have some advice?  ???

MichaelK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New York Law and CUNY...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 07:40:21 PM »
ek, from my experience, NYLS is very hit or miss with regards to their graduates.  I have met some fabulous lawyers who graduated from there and some that make you wonder if they bribed someone to pass the bar.  If price is an issue, I would do CUNY.  If not it is a toss up but I would still probably take CUNY
Current 1L

Bubbazzz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:04:09 PM »
put a deposit in on the one u would choose. hey, u may have to eat it later on, but better to be safe. think of it this way, ur gonna be spending thousands and thousands of dollars on ur law education - whats a $100 seat deposit?

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 01:21:50 AM »
I'd go with CUNY....it's WAY less expensive and it's got a top ranked clinical program (better than many T14s).

When you're not paying back $1200 a month in student loans, you'll appreciate it.