Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NJ LSAT Test Sites  (Read 1655 times)

help101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
NJ LSAT Test Sites
« on: March 21, 2005, 05:36:16 PM »
Has anyone taken the LSAT in NJ?  If so, please state where and rank the facilities.

Thanks.

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NJ LSAT Test Sites
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 05:39:59 PM »
im from jersey- but i took the test in swarthmore, pa--- was the perfect testing \environment

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 05:53:50 PM »
I took the test in Rutgers Newark and they took us to the law school building.  They administered the tests in the law classrooms.  Perfect testing environment. Big desks-the best attribute. You don't have to deal with those little sissy, flip-up chair-desks. The rooms seemed soundproofed for some reason. Because I never heard anything going on outside the room.

daisyb

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 01:13:15 PM »
I took the test at Rutgers Camden.  I live in the Cherry Hill area, so the drive was easy (which is a good thing on such a nerve-wracking morning!).  The test was in the law school buildings, and like the previous poster's experience, the classrooms were big with large tables and comfy chairs. We all parked for free right across the street from the building, and there was a snack and beverage machine downstairs (I needed sugar during that break!).

help101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 08:14:48 PM »
has anyone taken the lsat at rutgers - new brunswick or haskell (passaic county comm. college)?

thanks.

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 08:16:04 PM »
my roomate did- its in the river dorms which are the most disgusting classrooms ever- besides that i don tthink he had a problem

Nylo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 01:33:56 PM »
has anyone taken the lsat at rutgers - new brunswick or haskell (passaic county comm. college)?

thanks.

I took it at Passaic County Community College (Oct 04) and it was AWESOME! They split us up into several classrooms so there were only 20 or so people per room (less people = less noise, less tension, less stress). The tables were big and the best part is everybody gets their own, so it the wacko next to you is going crazy erasing stuff, your desk doesn't shake. The proctors used digital timers, gave clear instructions and proper 5-min-remaining warnings. I could not have asked for a better test-taking site and recommend it highly.

Bahamut

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 03:25:34 PM »

thanks.

I took mine at RU- New Brunswick. They put you in one of three buildings, and they're somewhat comfortable. I had no issue with space or noise.
SMU Fall '05

help101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 07:50:14 PM »
Thanks for responding.  I'm torn btwn PCCC & Rutgers - New Brunswick.

However, I've taken summer courses 2003 & 2004 at PCCC in Haskell and I must say the rooms/desks, and even the library is nice and spacious.

I just didn't want to drive that far in October. (20-30 minutes). I was also considering getting a room and staying the night b/4 the exam in New Brunswick.

How was the space situation in New Brunswick (desks, etc.)?  What about the proctors?

Thanks again.
Any suggestions?

Bahamut

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 03:29:12 AM »
Thanks for responding.  I'm torn btwn PCCC & Rutgers - New Brunswick.

However, I've taken summer courses 2003 & 2004 at PCCC in Haskell and I must say the rooms/desks, and even the library is nice and spacious.

I just didn't want to drive that far in October. (20-30 minutes). I was also considering getting a room and staying the night b/4 the exam in New Brunswick.

How was the space situation in New Brunswick (desks, etc.)?  What about the proctors?

Thanks again.
Any suggestions?

Proctors are going to be different everywhere - you might have a horrible one. I think that's rarely the case though; mine was quite nice.

The desks are small, but spaced out enough so you can stretch. I really didn't pay much mind to the situation.
SMU Fall '05