Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HarvarDing  (Read 1594 times)

legallady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: HarvarDing
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 05:10:27 PM »
I got my denial today from Haavaad as well. I'm actually relieved. I have closure.

Amen to that.  I applied to Harvard as something of a lark, which is what I did for undergrad (and it worked out wonderfully then).  While I wasn't under the illusion that I was actually going to get in, every day that went by without a rejection fed this absurd little hope that was growing in my basement.  It was a pretty hope, with two big blingy letters of recommendation for earrings, layers of silk, work experience, and ribbons, and a lovely personal statement-encrusted crown.  Oh, that hope did have a silvery tongue, whispering sweet little nothings into my ear, such as "It's not really such a numbers game, your personal statement will really stand out," "Your ECs and WE will outweigh that silly little LSAT score," and "It's been three months!  If they were going to reject you, they would have done it by now!"  And foolish dreamer that I am, I believed it.  And so the hope grew.

Until today.

Now, that "little hope that could," sadly, is dead, lying prone in a pile of unsolicited brochures from Michigan State, Detroit Mercy, Ave Maria, and Tom Cooley. 

But it was a hope doomed from the start, growing hesitantly, without any hope of reaching maturity, like a gymnast doomed to a life of overdeveloped abs, an underdeveloped chest, and constant questions about whether you're a dwarf.  Oh, and arthritis when you're 40.  No one wants that. 

But for a few sweet months, I wanted precisely that.  Getting into Harvard, that is, not the dwarf thing.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In: NOWHERE!
Waitlist: GW, Fordham, American
Out: Ha! Many... but let's focus on the semi-positive at this point, shall we?

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 05:34:52 PM »
Mine hasn't arrived yet.  Closure would be nice.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 07:20:37 PM »
stiegl,

I think whatever it was that was whispering sweet nothings into your ear was the same little devil that stood on my shoulder and caressed my ego with all the same flattery.  I haven't seen the little bugger around lately but the next time he shows up he's toast.
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

hunterhogan

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.19/173
    • View Profile
    • www.hunterthinks.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 02:00:03 PM »
Got mine. Oh well. I also got my hopes up because it took them so long to reject me.