Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Do you feel fully prepared?  (Read 1358 times)

Rachelb1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do you feel fully prepared?
« on: May 24, 2004, 07:57:02 PM »
Do I feel prepared?

Yes, no, maybe so, I don't think I'll ever know.

I'm currently in a full length Power Score class and it just rocks.  I put in 8 hours a day studying my class notes and doing each week's homework and reviewing past lessons.   I know I understand the stuff because I get 90 to 100 percent accuracy on the drills I do in class and at home.

Then I take practice tests and there is no consistency.  My first LSAT practice was 143.  Then I went up 8 points a week for three weeks and then yesterday took the third practice test and went back down to 143.

I've done 15 LSATS on my own plus section drills on other LSAT prep tests.  I've bought Kaplan's books, had taken the Kaplan test prior to PS.  Kaplan stinks.

Am I prepared?  I dont know what to think.  All I know is that I've had the best teacher I could have, done as much work as I could have, spent as much time as I could have.  I can't expect anything more.

I'm taking the test June 14th and what will be, will be.  The times I think I did outstanding, I blew it big time.  The days I walked out feeling oh my God I blew it were the times I did really well.  Obviously I cant trust my feelings.  So as Nike says I gotta "just do it"

Good luck to all

RachelB1
qccepted Rutgers-EWR, Touro ($$)
pending, SUNY Buffalo, Hamline, CUNY
W/l      nowhere
denied   Cardozo

Haz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 12:22:43 AM »
Rachel that pretty much sums it up for me too.

Im hovering around 160 and I can't break it, and no matter how well I think I do after the test it ends up pretty bad!  When I review the test and I see what I did wrong, its like DUH... but I still can't improve.  I NEED a 165 to get into the school I'm shooting for or I am financially fooked!

I'm going to break something next time If I don't get at least 161 on the next test.  Or maybe its time to realize I can't break the barrier myself and start looking for "supernatural" help from the guy upstairs.
Hello Wisconsin!

majestik3

• View Profile
    • Email
Should I be Worried?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 05:07:19 PM »
Hi, 
I am kind of unsure how this works, but I wanted some advice about LSAT and applying to Law school.  As of now, I am finishing a prep course and have continued to average a 154 on the LSAt.  It is not a very high score, so I am worried about it, and wonder what I need to do.  I aim is to get into UT Law School, and then because I want to stay in Texas, my next choices are other law schools in Texas.  I have a GPA of a 3.881 and am a major in Economics (with a GPA of 3.5) and Sociology (GPA 4.0).  I have a strong volunteer and commnunity service resume in that I take care of a group of 6 year olds at our local Shelter in San Antonio.  I attend Trinity University and will be graduating next year.  I know I have excellent letters of rec . . .
So with a 154, is UT Law School within my means, or should I begin thinking about taking the test in October? 

Thanks for any help

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: Should I be Worried?
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 05:16:56 PM »
Hi, 
I am kind of unsure how this works, but I wanted some advice about LSAT and applying to Law school.  As of now, I am finishing a prep course and have continued to average a 154 on the LSAt.  It is not a very high score, so I am worried about it, and wonder what I need to do.  I aim is to get into UT Law School, and then because I want to stay in Texas, my next choices are other law schools in Texas.  I have a GPA of a 3.881 and am a major in Economics (with a GPA of 3.5) and Sociology (GPA 4.0).  I have a strong volunteer and commnunity service resume in that I take care of a group of 6 year olds at our local Shelter in San Antonio.  I attend Trinity University and will be graduating next year.  I know I have excellent letters of rec . . .
So with a 154, is UT Law School within my means, or should I begin thinking about taking the test in October? 

Thanks for any help

it depends on how long youve been studying for the test.  if youve been studying for 2 weeks, then by all means, put it off til oct.  if youve been studying for 2 months, then id say do all the preptests you can from now until june and see if you see an improvement in your score. 

for UT, i think the general concensus is that you should score above a 162/3 with your gpa and you should be fine. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

PennQuaker

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSN:pennquaker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Lubester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 05:32:30 PM »
Possibly slightly off topic...

But, thank you to whoever suggested on the RC section to skim the first sentences of each paragraph.  My section scores are now consistently where I would like them to be.

Best,

Quaker
Depositing: Stanford
Waitlisting: Yale, Harvard

M2

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 08:17:35 PM »
Possibly slightly off topic...

But, thank you to whoever suggested on the RC section to skim the first sentences of each paragraph.  My section scores are now consistently where I would like them to be.

Best,

Quaker

Your welcome...Unless you are applying to schools in NYC..in which case I'm sorry I told you ;)

beautiful

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 08:18:26 PM »
No.