Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Recieving Fee Waivers and Invitations to Apply  (Read 817 times)

Precise

• View Profile
Recieving Fee Waivers and Invitations to Apply
« on: March 21, 2005, 03:34:48 PM »
What up everybody,

If a school sends you a fee waiver and invites you to apply, is that a very strong indicator that you'll get accepted? I'm curious because I've been getting a bunch of emails/letters/packets from various law schools in recent weeks encouraging me to apply and mentioning that i qualify for scholarships.

LaneSwerver

Re: Recieving Fee Waivers and Invitations to Apply
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 03:37:08 PM »
Nope. Just a way to bump up their application numbers.

bradzwest

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 04:37:52 PM »

Crabby today huh?  A fee waiver is an honor...that is given to everyone on LSAC.  You're special!

LaneSwerver

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 04:39:23 PM »

Crabby today huh?  A fee waiver is an honor...that is given to everyone on LSAC.  You're special!

We're all special in Valpo's eyes...  ;)

bradzwest

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 04:40:44 PM »

must be why they sent me two!

LaneSwerver

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

must be why they sent me two!

Must be why they gave you $80k!

F05HOPEFUL

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 04:46:37 PM »
If you have a really high LSAT relative to thier 25-75% it means they are trying to attract you.

If you have a mild or low LSAT compared to theirs, it means they will almost definitely reject you.  It is part of the USNWR numbers game.

EXAMPLE : me 2.57/152 fee waivers to Washington and Lee, George Mason and Richmond all three I could not get admitted if my Dad were the dean.  But then again, my Dad's an a-hole.

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 11:29:09 AM »
What up everybody,

If a school sends you a fee waiver and invites you to apply, is that a very strong indicator that you'll get accepted? I'm curious because I've been getting a bunch of emails/letters/packets from various law schools in recent weeks encouraging me to apply and mentioning that i qualify for scholarships.

Worked for Berkeley, but I'll let you know how the Yale thing works out (ha!).

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 10:32:43 PM »
I quite possibly received a fee waiver and/or invitation to apply from every school ranked 9 or lower. I haven't heard from a few of them. Some outcomes: George Mason and Bloomington waitlisted me. UC Hastings rejected me. UHLC let me in and gave me a scholarship. Miami let me in after deferring me.All of those schools are out of my league. You never know with those crazy things.

I got one from NU the other day, I tossed it out. Kent has sent 3 already. Don't these people ever give up?

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 12:01:13 AM »
What up everybody,

not really. usually they just want to make sure they have the maximum number of what they consider to be qualified applicants for their school.
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon