Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lit on fire in Idaho  (Read 2922 times)

koggy

Re: Lit on fire in Idaho
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 07:47:10 PM »
When is the reception in Boise?

MR2Tyler

• Vrroom.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MR2Tyler
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 07:50:11 PM »
Few people know that Idaho is actually two states.  The part I grew up in, south-eastern Idaho, is dry, predominantly LDS, and essentially an extension of northern Utah.  Northern Idaho is just like eastern Washington in climate and population.  Central Idaho, around Boise, is between the two extremes.  Moscow, where University of Idaho is located, is right on the Idaho-Washington border.  It's about two and a half hours from Spokane and, umn, roughly five-ish from Seattle.  I've made the trip before, I should know.  Anyway, Moscow gets a ton of rain (much more than it does snow), is extremely liberal by Idaho terms and was considered the #1 party-school in the nation for a lot of years during the early 90's.  Most Vandals really want to be living in Seattle or Portland, they just don't admit it.

koggy:  It's between 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm, Thursday, March 31st.  If you've been accepted, you should have gotten an email from Stephen Perez in your Vandalmail account.

-Ty
Won:  Idaho ($$)
Lost:  USC, UW, UC Davis (Whipped like a Yugo in F1)
Still Racing:  W&M

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2005, 07:53:27 PM »
"Are you going to Idaho?"
"Aside from that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Yeah, I'm probably Palouse-bound.  I got dinged at UW and USC.  I'm still waiting on UC Davis and W&M.  Idaho was generous with scholarships.  I'd like to go somewhere with a little Ivy on the walls, but I'm poor.  I like the Pacific Northwest, and I've got lots of friends in Moscow, so the situation could be much worse.

Are you going to the reception in Boise next week?

-Ty

No. I'm going to be out of town on the 31st.  What are your numbers, if you don't mind sharing?  Moscow's a nice place. I  probably won't be going, however, because I was not offered a scholarship. In order to make the T3 equation work, I would have had to have had one.  Since they didn't offer me one, I am likely not going to attend.
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

MR2Tyler

• Vrroom.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MR2Tyler
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2005, 07:56:46 PM »
Yeah, money is a good thing.  If it wasn't for the money and the safety-net of friends in Moscow, I wouldn't be either.  I've got some friends who are leaning toward Boulder.  Is that your pick too?

164/3.2 from ISU.

-Ty
Won:  Idaho ($$)
Lost:  USC, UW, UC Davis (Whipped like a Yugo in F1)
Still Racing:  W&M

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2005, 08:00:48 PM »
Yeah, money is a good thing.  If it wasn't for the money and the safety-net of friends in Moscow, I wouldn't be either.  I've got some friends who are leaning toward Boulder.  Is that your pick too?

164/3.2 from ISU.

-Ty
Yes, definitely leaning that way.  My family is in the Moscow area, though, so that would have been the good thing.  But since I can get in-state status at CU my 2nd year, the cost differential vs. the opportunity differential makes it cost-effective for me.
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

bradzwest

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2005, 09:33:49 PM »
I'm a doofus.  What does 'lit on fire' mean?

Residency is a factor.  For what it's worth, your GPA whips mine.

-Ty

bradzwest has a problem with self-immolation. He's on medication, but when he goes off it--POOF! He's like a Buddhist monk.

Drug habit is nothing to mock....not like I'm trying to hock a mercedes with a bum engine on the internet!  :D

LaneSwerver

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2005, 09:47:47 PM »

-Ty

bradzwest has a problem with self-immolation. He's on medication, but when he goes off it--POOF! He's like a Buddhist monk.

Drug habit is nothing to mock....not like I'm trying to hock a mercedes with a bum engine on the internet!  :D

I was talking about your prescriptions. Hey, my Mercedes has a great engine!

bradzwest

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2005, 09:51:35 PM »

-Ty

I was talking about your prescriptions. Hey, my Mercedes has a great engine!

yeah...my drug habit is prescription too!

mxpocc

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2005, 10:54:02 AM »
screw them anyway; 3 out of 10 of your classmates would have been Mormon.

MichaelK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2005, 05:06:31 PM »
screw them anyway; 3 out of 10 of your classmates would have been Mormon.

And they would have all been married to the other 7  :)
Current 1L