Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone attend CASE WESTERN'S Admitted Student's Day???  (Read 3015 times)

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone attend CASE WESTERN'S Admitted Student's Day???
« on: March 21, 2005, 02:56:39 PM »
Did anyone go to Case Western's admitted student's day this weekend? If so, what did you think about the school, the administration, the professors, the atmosphere and/or the city of Cleveland?

Eegahh

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - ifnumber34@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Anyone attend CASE WESTERN'S Admitted Student's Day???
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 05:30:36 PM »
I would have liked to have gone, but I didn't get my scholarship email until the day before it.  Funny how that can make a school go from the "Well, it's a pretty good school, but it's too expensive" list to the "Cleveland Rocks!!!!!" one.

But anyway, tag.
Deposit down: Case Western
Waitlist....Ugh: W&M, Hastings (IN!!!! Whooo!)

Tony Brooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • none
    • View Profile
    • info
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 06:16:16 PM »
school was great...area was terrible.
"Que ve esta noviembre?"

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 06:34:31 PM »
What Tony Brooks1 said.  I'll post a bit more of my impressions later.  KappaOne, I'm fairly sure I know who you are.

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 07:53:10 PM »
What Tony Brooks1 said.  I'll post a bit more of my impressions later.  KappaOne, I'm fairly sure I know who you are.

It wouldn't be too difficult to figure out who I am.  There's nothing realy secretive about my presence on here. I'd be curious to get your candid thoughts on Cleveland and Case.  Are you seriously considering attending?

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 11:45:30 PM »
Alright, Kappa, you asked for it:

Case is a fine law school.  I could go there (and happily too) if it were my only option.  However, it is not.  I'm off to visit another school this Friday which is ranked in the top 25.  That, for me, matters a lot just b/c there's such a large difference in rankings and I haven't received any scholarship money from Case.

I really liked the students I met there, both prospective and current.  Everyone was exceptionally friendly, and while I realize it was a day when Admissions and the entire school would have their "happy faces" on, I didn't feel as though it was too contrived.  The room full of admitted students was, overall, quite white, but the school is diverse enough for my needs.  During my two days in Cleveland, I experienced the kindness of strangers, and witnessed kindness between strangers.  I made some good friends/connections at the Law School that I hope will last.  Even without a travel stipend, it would have been well worth the trip. 

The professors there are graduates of fine schools, experts in their fields, and affable types.  I chatted it up with 4 or 5 professors.  My one-on-one interactions with them, as well as some of the administrators, were really the key that opened me up to the school.  I had some very good conversations...and I think Craig Boise who taught the Mock Class is fantastic.  I imagine the other professors are equally exceptional instructors.

The Career Services Office at the school appears to be extremely well-staffed and make considerable effort to get the school's name out by doing off-campus interviewing programs in NY, DC, Chicago, and LA.  Still, it is a regional school (as nearly every school is).

The trolley tour was a nice touch and certainly gave me a good sense of the area.  The city of Cleveland is not too bad, but I don't like the neighborhoods around the campus as much ---they're a bit old for my taste.

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the Law School.  Only during and after the visit did I really begin to give the school some serious thought.  Still, without any offer of $ to mull over and only the red carpet treatment, I may, and it will break my heart, end up going elsewhere.

Eegahh

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - ifnumber34@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 11:49:29 PM »
Thanks, that was very descriptive.

I'm really starting to think that Case is where I'll end up in the fall.
Deposit down: Case Western
Waitlist....Ugh: W&M, Hastings (IN!!!! Whooo!)

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 11:51:44 PM »
Namaste,
Thanks for the info.  Just out of curiosity, what are your numbers?  and where do you think you'll end up?   ???
Pitt is it!

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 11:55:27 PM »
Namaste,
Thanks for the info.  Just out of curiosity, what are your numbers?  and where do you think you'll end up?   ???

*SIGH*  Tough to say, I really want AU, but haven't yet been admitted.  I'm visiting Iowa on Friday.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 11:59:59 PM »
ah, read Tony's previous post about Case - he now has no idea where he is going.  Being a Michigander I naturally hate everything Ohio, and only applied to one school in that godforsaken state.  - just my two cents