Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone gone to "Decision" at Hastings in the past week or so?  (Read 19673 times)

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone gone to "Decision" at Hastings in the past week or so?
« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2005, 01:34:29 PM »
It really seems they're doing things one at a time. That person had a pretty low LSAT score too, with an index on LSN of 2.9. I think they're accepting/waitlisting people over 3.0 (with some exceptions). West coast, would you mind sharing your numbers?

I noticed that they seem to be accepting more splits with high GPAs and waitlisting/rejecting splits with higher LSATS, so I'm a bit worried.

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2005, 03:25:21 PM »
just so you guys know...

i have a 3.42 from ucla (double major)
and a 164 lsat. that gave me a 3.2 index. i also have 3 years WE in a creative/leadership position and i was rejected from hastings a few weeks ago.

i cant say i agree with the decision, especially after looking at others that have been accepted there, but i would not say they are accepting/waitlisting those with above a 3.0 index.

my grades/scores were probably the weakest 2/3 of my app. i think my soft factors were very strong, and still i was rejected.

WestCoast

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2005, 03:44:58 PM »
ambs,
i'm rhu-barbie on lsn.

i have an engineering bs/ms from stanford. gpa is around 3.3, lsat 163. English is my 3rd language, so that showed on the lsat!

I've been working at an engineering consulting company for 3 years. I have a lot of volunteer work on the side which encouraged me to leave engineering behind to pursue a law career.

my resume looks good to me, but we'll see if they like it. My alma mater dinged me, which was not a surprise, but it still hurts. I don't want to donate them any $ this year, i'm bitter.

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2005, 04:48:29 PM »
west coast - that sounds really decent, like you have a solid chance. You can see from my LSN link below, but I have a low GPS 3.19 and a higher LSAT 168. I went to Berkeley and have worked for a non-profit in SF for almost 4 years. I am hoping to pursue law in the public interest field.

I know what you mean, I got a letter for Berkeley asking for money last week and I was pissed. Boalt rejected me a few days earlier and I just wasn't feeling the alumni love at the moment!

I just looked back through this thread and remembered that 2 (danno and sakura) other people with similiar numbers to me were waitlisted... I have to definitely prepare myself for that possibility, and potentially rejection as well. Ugh!

sakura

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2005, 04:54:56 PM »
Ambs, I think the fact that you weren't included in the waitlist round bodes well for you.  I'm really pulling for you and am hoping that good news greets you this evening. 

danno51

• MSN Messenger - dannyeverakes
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - daneverakes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2005, 05:02:45 PM »
Yeah, best of luck Ambs, I really hope you get in but at least it sounds like you really felt a connection with USF so in the fall you will definitely go to a law school you like, regardless.  Thats how I felt, i really fell in love with USD and after that, I still had hopes up for getting into higher schools but when ultimately I didn't get in, i wasnt too disappointed at all. And just think, soon this whole stressful application process will be over.  Good luck
Heading to USD in August, Viva San Diego

anner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2005, 06:25:11 PM »
yay AMBS!!!! i think a lot of us are hoping you get in- you are one of the most genuinely nice people on LSD, and I really think you deserve it.  Let us know, and good luck!  I am thinking happy thoughts:)
big. fat. manly.

anner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2005, 06:35:43 PM »
ps- after writing that i decided to check again- and I went to decision finally.  I bet i got rejected.  But if i DO get in- Ambs is gonna be my law school buddy:)
big. fat. manly.

beeline

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2005, 06:40:56 PM »
good luck to both of you! i'm on pins and needles to hear what happens - and of course i'm still at complete :(

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2005, 06:44:08 PM »
Wow - thanks anner, that's really sweet. I'm totally a female dog you just don't know me yet! He he. And I hope we get to be law school buddies!