Law School Discussion

Has anyone gone to "Decision" at Hastings in the past week or so?

Eegahh

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone gone to "Decision" at Hastings in the past week or so?
« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2005, 05:42:09 PM »
I thought about sending in additional stuff, but in the end I doubt I will.  It's not like I've done anything interesting enough to make much of a difference in the last few months, and writing a "why I want to go to your school" essay doesn't seem like it'd be that effective.  Oh, and the waitlist letter said that while additional materials were accepted, a concise file is better than an overstuffed one.

Of course, maybe I'm just trying to psyche you out.  It might be that I'm actually in the middle of writing a 50-page essay about the wonders of Hastings, and getting additional recommendations from everybody I've ever met.  Maybe I'm one of those uber-competitive types trying to do anything I can to hurt other people's chances at getting off the waitlist.

Or maybe not.

But maybe.

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 02, 2005, 09:24:32 PM »
If the school allows additional materials, I don't see why a letter of continued interest could hurt.
FYI, my personal essay included an "Ode to Hastings" paragraph.
An alternative approach could be to post on all the threads of undecided people pondering whether to attend Hastings -- and discouraging them from going, thus freeing up spots!

Eegahh

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 02, 2005, 10:19:48 PM »
Oooh, yeah. I could regale them with exaggerated stories about the dangers of the Tenderloin.  Plus, I could make up stories about evil students.  I'll tell them that I had a "friend" who went there and said that some enterprising student slipped hallucinogens in the coffe pots at the student lounge the day of finals.

If that doesn't do it, I don't know what will.

I do like the idea of an "Ode to Hastings", though. If it rhymes, how could they not let you in?

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 03, 2005, 09:03:48 AM »
I have no energy to put into lobbying Hastings hard right now. I feel like they've put me through a crazy rollercoaster these past months and I'm finally okay with the idea of going to USF. If they decide to admit me in the coming months, it'll be a pleasant suprise, but I'm not going to try too hard. I already sent them the continued interest e-mail, as I said before, and I don't have anything new to add either.