Law School Discussion

Has anyone gone to "Decision" at Hastings in the past week or so?

Ambs

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone gone to "Decision" at Hastings in the past week or so?
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2005, 03:33:25 PM »
I think I do too, but I just visited USF and had a good impression of them too. So I guess I have another option of Hastings rejects me.

This one 2L at USF was trying to tell me that Hastings probably won't admit me now if they haven't yet, but I think there's still hope. I think Hastings is just behind in getting their letters out.

« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2005, 03:45:19 PM »
Ambs don't worry about what the 2L at USF told you...chances are he/she is trying to recruit you to go there as well.  Admit day at Hastings was helpful, but you're not missing out on anything if you don't hear before then.  Taking a tour of the school, sitting in on a class, and talking with current students can give you the same information.  I hope you all hear soon--good luck  :)

« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2005, 04:17:05 PM »
Okay. I'm really starting to FREAK here. As you all know, USF seat deposit DL is next week Friday....and I am now starting to seriously considering Hastings....
BUT What if I don't hear back from then till after I've given USF my $$$. I really can't afford to lost that deposit. I know that a lot of people may be thinking that is just a drop in the bucket compared to what I'll be paying, but I don't have money to pull out my butt to send to Hastings after I give USF $350. This is causing a serious FREAK OUT!

I'm sorry. I just had to vent. I feel so helpless and frustrated and small. God this sucks.

« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2005, 04:22:10 PM »
You don't happen to live in the city Jackie, do you?  If so, I would drop off your deposit to the school of choice in person.  Just make sure their office will be open.  This will give you a few extra days since you won't have to worry about the mail.  I agree that USF is an expensive deposit, especially compared to Hastings, so I would wait as long as humanly possible if you want to go to Hastings.

« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2005, 04:31:11 PM »
Calgirlris::

Awe. That's awfully sweet of you to offer. No, I live in Alameda. I planned on just overnighting the check on the 14th. I'd just rather it not be this way, you know?

How much is Hastings' deposit?

COASTAL

• Can't stand work anymore, must get out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2005, 04:42:25 PM »
Hey Jackie,

I don't know if anyone already mentioned this but, did you ask USF for an extension on the due date?

For some schools it works.

Just a suggestion    :)

« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2005, 04:45:51 PM »
Hastings' deposit is $100.  It looks like a serious bargain compared to USF's.

« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2005, 04:50:12 PM »
Thanks for the idea about the extension COASTAL. I guess I could give that a shot. If not, I think I might be able to scrounge up a $100 IF I get into Hastings. God, that's minimal. I wish USF was that cheap then I wouldn't have to be worrying about all this $$$ mess. Worrying about loans is bad enough.

Thanks for your your help everyone!

NothingSpecial

« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2005, 08:56:16 PM »
I am 90% sure that if you ask for an extension they will grant you one, so ask ASAP.

Also, they may have some sort of deposit refund schedule you may want to check into.

hth

Thanks for the idea about the extension COASTAL. I guess I could give that a shot. If not, I think I might be able to scrounge up a $100 IF I get into Hastings. God, that's minimal. I wish USF was that cheap then I wouldn't have to be worrying about all this $$$ mess. Worrying about loans is bad enough.

Thanks for your your help everyone!

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2005, 11:04:34 AM »
Jackie - I'm with you - $350 is a lot for me right now. I'm just going to scrounge it from the 'rents. Even though they're not footing the bill for LS, they're willing to help a bit (I know, I'm lucky and I'm grateful for it so don't call me spoiled anyone!!!!). But I'm still waiting as long as possible. I think USF might be willing to extend the deadline. E-mail/Call them and ask.

But seriously, USF is looking really good to me right now. Even if its a "third tier toilet" now, I visited yesterday and it is so nice. The campus is beautiful, the views amazing, the prof I sat in on was nice, the students were friendly, facilites are new and nice, etc... I have nothing but good things to say about it. So if Hastings decides I'm not worthy, I very well may be happy about USF.