Law School Discussion

Has anyone gone to "Decision" at Hastings in the past week or so?

Re: Has anyone gone to "Decision" at Hastings in the past week or so?
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2005, 09:01:53 AM »
thanks for asking danno - i wish! it still says "complete 1/10," it has never budged. i agree with you that in some ways a rejection would make things easier, but hastings is my number one and i really want to stay in sf yet didn't apply to any other sf schools, so i'll be hanging on till the last possible second. sigh.

ambs - i'm with you. i was hoping their site would go down again this weekend so i could pretend a new batch of decisions was going out and mine among them, but no such luck. i'll have to go back and look up when it was that i called, but it was just a few weeks ago and they said they were trying to get all decisions out by the 15th. so it's gotta come soon - i hope!

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2005, 09:05:36 AM »
Oh they did? I was thinking of calling and inquiring about that. I'm sure it would annoy them a bit, but I think we have the right to ask if we have other deposits due by the 15th. I had a dream I went to decision, but it wasn't the case when I woke up.

Hastings is definitely my number one, which I think everyone on this board probably knows at this point since I talk incessantly about it. I'm also considering USF. I'm thinking I'm probably not going tp put the deposit down at Loyola LA as I really want to stay in SF.

« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2005, 02:31:14 PM »
i called them on 3/22 - here's the note i wrote to myself about it at the time:
they said they'll have all decisions out by april 15, but couldn't really tell me where my app was in the process. i hope that doesn't mean it's just been sitting there for 2 1/2 months. she also said i was welcome to add to my app, but that it might not make it into my file in time.

the person i spoke with on the phone was super nice - i didn't get the impression at all that she was annoyed or that calling was a bad thing. i'd love to know if they still feel like they're going to make the deadline, but i'll probably suck it up and try to wait out the two weeks rather than calling again.

hastings is (obviously) my number one, too. i'm kicking myself for not applying to usf now that i realize how much i want to stay in the city. i don't know what i was thinking.

ps: i can't get into the hastings site right now. i'm always convinced that it means something even though i'm sure it means nothing. i'm driving myself crazy waiting to see that one little word "decision."

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2005, 03:04:31 PM »
Hastings site it down!!! Yay, this has GOT to be it - I'm hoping and praying for a status change for us!!!!

NothingSpecial

« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2005, 03:09:25 PM »
Do you think they will send out emails today?  How long was the stie down last time?

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hastings site it down!!! Yay, this has GOT to be it - I'm hoping and praying for a status change for us!!!!

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2005, 03:27:21 PM »
I think possibly they're updating statuses today and possibly sending out letters. If they are trying to get people notifed by the 15th, they'll be doing some big batches. I think the site was down almost all of last Saturday and Sunday. When it came back uo Sundya night or Monday morning, a lot of people had gone to decision.

NothingSpecial

« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2005, 04:27:29 PM »
the site is back up.... and i didn't go to decision.

Eegahh

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2005, 04:30:07 PM »
me neither.  blaaaarg.

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2005, 05:06:26 PM »
Back up. No change.  :(

SillyMia

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2005, 05:32:16 PM »
No change here either - still complete.