Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: nd, bc, wustl, vandy, gw  (Read 1114 times)

the town drunk

Re: nd, bc, wustl, vandy, gw
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 02:24:15 PM »
I'm in this group too, but it's coming down to USC and ND for me though I think (I didn't ap to Vandy).  I like a lot of what USC has to offer... but I'd like to work in DC.  Logically, I should probably go to GW, but I really don't like their very practice-focused approach to law (I'm definitely looking for an interdisciplinary and theoretical focus) so I'm pretty sure that's out. 
Can I go to USC and still work over on the other coast?  I'm really done with conservative mid-western colleges after spending undergrad at one... and I'm also sick of freezing to death :)... but I'll go to ND if it's the best option. 

If you want to work in DC, go to GW.

USC might allow you a chance to crack DC.  I wouldn't risk it though if you are deadset on DC.

frostm3

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 03:18:53 PM »
My advice, as an 1L, is to go to Vandy for everywhere but Boston and Cali. For Boston or New England go to BC. For Cali go to USC.

If Vandy is not in the picture, go to BC for Northeast, ND for Chicago/MidWest, and USC for Cali.

vinylisbetter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 03:24:10 PM »
where do you go to school, frost?

XelaWho

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 10:32:34 AM »
I went to a small school in Nashville near Vanderbilt and knew a lot of different Vandy law students and Vandy law alumni.

They never really came off as being snobby at all (just fairly southern aka republican)