Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Strictly 4th Tier  (Read 698 times)

daisyb

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Strictly 4th Tier
« on: March 21, 2005, 09:01:42 AM »
I'm waiting to hear back from several schools (and a couple higher-tiered schools), but a couple of my acceptances have deadlines on April 1st.  These are my options, and no I will not take the LSAT again to get a better score and I don't want to hear about my lack of options for going to a 4th tier school. 

That said, I would appreciate any constructive advice about my choices.  I want to go into Public Interest/Immigration law, and I have visited both Florida and DC extensively (although not the campuses).  These are the acceptances I'm seriously considering:

UDC
Nova Southeastern
St Thomas (FL)

Nova and UDC have the April 1st deadlines.  St Thomas has an Immigration Law clinical and the other two don't, but I'm not sure how important that is.  I also know that Nova has a better rep.  Any advice would be much appreciated!!

LaneSwerver

Re: Strictly 4th Tier
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 09:38:38 AM »

starter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 03:16:01 PM »
You should focus on your interests!!

UDC is a strong school for Public Interest. Also, being in DC, I'm sure your immigration focus can be turned into some great jobs prospects.

However, since St. Thomas has an immigration clinic, that is a good option for you as well.

Also think about location. Where you would want to live, practice? Where is your family, etc?

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 04:28:06 PM »
i'd hit up nova se over st. thomas if you were to go to FL.  that deposit deadline is lurking and i have 13 schools to hear a final decision from.  don't know much about UDC but i know that nova se is a solid regional school if you want to work in south florida.
FIU Class of 2009