Law School Discussion

Who is considering taking a full scholarship over higher ranked schools?


  • ***
  • 26
  • At the Cape of Good Hope
    • View Profile
I am considering taking a full scholarship at Stetson. I am also still seriously considering St. Louis because I know I want to do Health Law and they have offered half tuition.  I know many people would say forget them both and go to the best school, which would be Univ. of Maryland for me. I am still pretty partial to the scholarship money, especially full.  I know this doesn't seem like the wise decision to some. There are other factors to consider other that the money.  I was just wondering whether anyone else was seriously considering accepting a full scholarship at a lower ranked school or was in a similar position.

I'm seriously considering taking $$ at temple vs. none at's a real tough decision to make.  For me, I think it's ultimately going to come down to whether I want to practice in DC or in Philly.


  • ****
  • 220
    • View Profile
I am weighting  a full ride at Seton over no $ at Fordham. 


  • ****
  • 299
    • View Profile
It's a tough choice. I think a lot of it depends on how sure you are of what you want to do after law school. If you're sure you want to stay near the school you graduate from, and biglaw isn't your thing, then a full ride sounds like a good option. If you're not so sure, then it's a tougher choice. I'm in the same boat and I won't be able to decide for a while.

I hear America singing

  • ****
  • 739
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
I too was offered a half tuition scholarship at Saint Louis; I turned it down in favor of full-tuition at Mississippi College, since I want to live near my family. 

I agree with the others- it's all about what you want.  Decide that, and then do the things that will help you reach that goal.


  • ****
  • 556
  • soon to be St John's 1L
    • View Profile
i took my scholarship at st john's and am not staying on the waitlist at cardozo to try to get in


i am seriously considering taking the full ride that loyola la has offered me.

of course alot of that has to do with my personal situation, that being that i have not been accepted anywhere else.... >:(

all the same, what kind of money would a school like wustl have to cough up for me to leave sunny socal to go to school in the midwest with luke warm chances of practicing back here in the golden state?


  • ****
  • 140
  • LitiGATOR :)
    • View Profile
Can't stop considering full ride at Samford...visited the school for my 'interview,' LOVED it, loved Birmingham, have good friends in the area, etc. etc.


Yeah that's a tough decision to make. I'm in a similar situation and had someone told me a few months ago that I would be, I would've said take the money and run. But now, I don't know. It's a very personal decision. I hope I don't regret it, whatever my decision may be in the end. Just my 2 cents.


Yup.  Serioulsy considering Seton Hall w/$ over Fordham.  (I've posted this in so many threads now, that I may make my own if I can't decide soon!)