Law School Discussion

Florida Coastal & St. Thomas University (Miami) & Franklin Pierce & Albany

Dominique

• I am Mighty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Florida Coastal & St. Thomas University (Miami)
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2005, 11:48:31 AM »
Is this St.Thomas at UM?  Or is that a totally different school?  Sorry to ask a dumb question, I just wondered because I saw UM law school this year and thought I'd toss in my two cents about it....

daisyb

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2005, 12:04:21 PM »
It's St Thomas University School of Law in Miami (north Miami).

Dominique

• I am Mighty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2005, 12:24:01 PM »
Okay so that's different than the University of Miami then.  Well, I'll say this anyway, now that I've brought it up.  UM was incredibly gorgeous.  And I know you all aren't talking about UM, but I say it anyway because Miami in general was gorgeous.  So it may be significant anyway.  The foliage and the sunshine were really what made it so great, and I'm sure that would be the same throughout the area.

daisyb

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2005, 12:31:43 PM »
Thanks for the info--any bit helps  :)

Dominique

• I am Mighty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2005, 12:52:43 PM »
Glad to be of service.  ;)

LaneSwerver

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2005, 03:29:28 PM »
No money, but they did send me all of their financial aid paperwork and asked me to fill it out. I haven't yet.

daisyb

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2005, 03:35:43 PM »
Slightly off-topic, but not many other places on this board about these schools--I got into Touro today!!  I'm actually a little blech about it only because now my decision is harder (I know, I know, poor me  :P).  They gave me a little money, though, so I'm considering although cost of living there is high...

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2005, 03:53:07 PM »
Congrats DaisyB!!! 
Yay!  ;D

LaneSwerver

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2005, 03:54:05 PM »
Yay daisyb! So where's the #1 choice now?

daisyb

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2005, 04:10:36 PM »
Thank you  :)!!  I don't know....eeek!  I'm still leaning toward the Florida schools...I'm a huge fan of NY and DC, but I feel like cost of living will be high compared to FL (although I could be wrong) and obviously there is the FABULOUS weather (winter has been brutal this year!).  And since I will be doing Immigration law, the big $$ aren't in my future.  For some reason St Thomas is really giving me a good vibe despite the bad stuff all over this board.  That is really why I want to check out Nova in person, so that I can get some kind of feeling for the place.  I'm usually not one to care about other people's opinions, but this board has really gotten under my skin in this ultra-sensitive application process.  I would like to hear some opinions from you guys though, just to hear some third party comments.