Law School Discussion

Washington & Lee Admit Day (3/19)

Re: Washington & Lee Admit Day (3/19)
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2005, 05:57:48 PM »
Anyone else weirded out by the fact that guys there don't put stuff in their hair? Small observation...but ya...

« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2005, 08:15:28 PM »
"Don't put stuff in their hair" what?!

Do you normally note what haircair products people use?   

One time a Sociologist friend of mine told me that people who use hairgels/hair care products tend to be more "white collar" and upper society, and people who don't use hair care products are blue collar. 

So I suppose your observation runs counter to this theory.  Who knows, who cares.
Anyone else weirded out by the fact that guys there don't put stuff in their hair? Small observation...but ya...

« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2005, 01:15:27 AM »
Here, all guys take care of themselves. Some get manicures, and almost everyone lifts, and all put pomade/gel/fiber/wax/etc. into their hair and style it to match whatever is hot now...i didn't see that in Virginia.

« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2005, 12:11:19 PM »
The undergraduates definitely looked like they took care of themselves (lifting, exercise, wearing nice clothes).

I think at most law schools there is an epidemic of slob-ism.  Probably related to lack of time. 

I suppose if you're living in a major metro city like LA there is more pressure to be Metro-sexual than in a rural area.

Here, all guys take care of themselves. Some get manicures, and almost everyone lifts, and all put pomade/gel/fiber/wax/etc. into their hair and style it to match whatever is hot now...i didn't see that in Virginia.

BigBadBo

« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2005, 01:58:43 PM »
ronin,

Before you head to wash and lee you might want to quit being a pretentious feminine hygiene product.  You will hate your time in Virginia if you don't relax a bit.

As much as you might hate it, most people there will probably look down on you for all the gel and manicures.

I love California just as much as anyone else - but your idea of culture and class is pretty ridiculous.

« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2005, 09:24:25 PM »
ronin,

Before you head to wash and lee you might want to quit being a pretentious feminine hygiene product. You will hate your time in Virginia if you don't relax a bit.

As much as you might hate it, most people there will probably look down on you for all the gel and manicures.

I love California just as much as anyone else - but your idea of culture and class is pretty ridiculous.

Hey hey, relax bro. I'm just f*ckin around. But on another note...what's wrong with taking care of how you look? And why would people look down upon someone who takes care of their appearance? And my idea of culture and class is what I grew up with...so people have to deal.

Also...you tell me to 'relax a bit'...bro, i'm from San Diego. I don't think Americans can get much more laid back than that. I always thought people from other parts of the country needed to relax a bit  :P And to be honest...this is a perfect example...maybe you needing to relax a bit? eh? I know this is a message board and my sarcastic snappy humor may not come across without good emoticons present. But why should you really care what I have to say when I spout sh*t out of my mouth that I don't actually mean. Its a JOKE haha...i'm joking around...chill out. Virginia people are hickish pale ugly inbred weirdos...and CA people are pretentious, selfish, fake, and overly sexed.

I'm sorry I hated on your beloved motherland Virginia, and take it all back. All expect everything I said.

And for the record! I don't use gel in my hair...I use a wax  ;)

BigBadBo

« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2005, 10:49:42 PM »
I'm sorry I hated on your beloved motherland Virginia, and take it all back. All expect everything I said.

Haha - ok?  Very clever:)  I was just looking out for you - I suppose your "snappy humor" is beyond me. 

By the way, I have no relationship to Virginia or the south - I've lived all across the country and have lots of family in California. 

Also, have nothing against people taking care of their appearance - nothing wrong with hairgel.  But manicures, etc. border on vanity - rather than hygenic.