Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Logic Games Bible  (Read 2917 times)

exmsft

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
Logic Games Bible
« on: August 05, 2003, 03:36:47 PM »
I just bought the PowerScore logic games bible from Amazon.  I can't really give a review of the book as I haven't read it yet, but I read quite a few positive testamonials.  Amazon asked me if I wanted to give 10% off to any friends who were also interested and sent me this URL :http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/stl/XF4SULE2IVJP/002-4711953-1941602.  With that, you should be able to buy it at 10%.  This is only good until August 12, 2003.  Too bad I had to pay full price :(  I also attempted to find this used, but came up completely empty.  I will post more information after I recieve the book.   Good luck!

CaliLaw

• AOL Instant Messenger - LaSaan
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Logic Games Bible
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 11:06:42 AM »
Hello there!

Can you please tell me how the book is working for you and if you think it would be beneficial to add it to the LSAT-prepatory basket.

I am taking the testmasters course right now but am considering dishing out another 40 bucks for the book if it is a useful and rewarding item.

Thanks and best of luck.

CDangerz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 08:36:47 PM »
I have just begun my LSAT journey.  This (LG Bible) book is a Godsend!  I got this book a few weeks ago, and my learning of those games increased exponentially.  I recommend it to anyone.  However, it takes a lot of time and practice.

alm99

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 06:30:38 PM »
Can anyone give some more feedback on this book. I am at a loss with the logic games. I have been studying for the past week and a half and I can't seem to grab the concept. The easier ones I can do and get 4 out of 5 questions right, but the moderately hard to hard, forget about it. I have been lucky to get one.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 11:51:13 AM »
The logic games bible is only one of an infinte number of resources that you can find online or at your local bookstore or library.  Practice makes perfect right.  The LSAT may be a difficult standardized test, but it is coachable.  Just remember that the administarters of the LSAT know this and therefore have complicateed this portion over the years to make up for this.   So only practice on real LSATS and only on the ones that are post 1993. LSAC has a free one that you can download and also pay 8 dollars for additional ones. Just take the test under actual conditions as much as you can and you will do fine.  If you aren't hitting your target score y then then consider a book or prep course.  Hope this helps.
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

richard o'conno

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 06:38:18 PM »
I was wondering IVY if you have taken the LSAT yet and if so what was your score? I'M taken the LSAT in october.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 09:36:00 AM »
Richard,
I have not taken the LSAT yet but I have taken it under similar test conditions, as well as I have done mountains of research over the LSAT in its entirety.  Are you nervous, prepared to write the test in October? What are your practice LSAT scores from previous LSAT's?
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

CaliLaw

• AOL Instant Messenger - LaSaan
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 10:41:19 AM »
Hi everyone. I am taking the TestMasters course right now, before the Oct. 4th LSAT day of horror. However, I have one very important question: is it a good idea to get the Logic Games Bible and practice with that in addition to the TestMasters course?

Can anyone please tell me from experience? All I hear is praise for the book and how it is a marvelous addition to LSAT preparation. However, will it interfere by any means to the TestMasters agenda?

Thanks.

richard o'connor

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 11:48:01 AM »
Ivy on the field test I took I got in the the 51 percentile. I am not looking to go to a top notch school. the schools I am looking at are Albany, Western new england, new england school of law, widener and syracuse. I am shooting for between a 150-155.

Brooke Denhart

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 11:51:11 AM »
For those who have purchased the Logic Games Bible and possibly already taken the Testmasters course, are there techniques delineated in the LGB which are just as thorough and efficient, or even more so, as those delineated in the TestMasters course? Thanks in advance for your feedback!