• three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
Re: $1550 down the drain!
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2005, 12:24:32 PM »
fatwallet.com

gotapex.com

slickdeals.net forum

all have some pretty nifty coupons if you catch them at the right time.

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2005, 12:25:04 PM »
btw, if you look around for coupons, you can get dells for a lot cheaper.  i got mine for 1000, and that includes upgrading to 80g, 512, and extended battery.

Can you let us know where to get a coupon like this?

You don't really need a "coupon".  If you go to Dell's Web site, the deals are already included by default.  These online "coupons" are just an advertising gimmick - they don't give you a lower price than you would be able to pay without the coupon.  Right now, Dell's promotion is 30% off most laptops and a free printer.  They have some coupons floating around the Internet to this effect, but if you go directly to their Web site you'll see that these specials are automatically included if you select an applicable model.

This is often true, but not always true. There are coupons that you need the code for. Some can be found at http://www.techbargains.com/

I checked that site out before I bought mine and the only coupons they had mirrored the offers on their Web site.  FYI, you get different offers on the same laptop models depending upon whether you buy it through their home, small business, or large business division.  I went through the small business division for the best deal on the Inspiron 6000 at the time.

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2005, 06:23:57 PM »
i got my coupon through techbargains.com.  yeah, dell has their own promotions, but that would have only brought the price to about $1,200.  I used the techbargains coupon, and got it for 200 less (500 off any inspiron worth more than 1400).  i think that deal is over for now, but they run it pretty frequently.
i heard a rumor that the GW tech dept fixes dells or something.  anyone know if this is true?
and i second burgh's comment on their delivery.  i'll be getting mine on monday (free second day shipping), which is six days after i ordered it.

MR2Tyler

• Vrroom.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MR2Tyler
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2005, 02:21:14 PM »
I've sold computers for a few years.  I've never sold Dell, so I know a lot more about what's wrong with them than what's right with them.  They tend to be more proprietary than the industry average.  They have developed a reputation for having poor tech support, but we can say that about most major manufacturers.  Neither of these issues should be salient for a reasonably computer-savvy laptop user.  Otherwise, Dell offers a great product at a ridiculously low price.  Good choice.

-Ty