I got an email today offering me a seat off of the waitlist. I have until Monday to decide. Yeah! (...followed by mixed emotions)
It's probably too far along. I've already made all of my plans to move with my wife to Santa Clara. It would be difficult to switch to Houston at this point in the game, although with their tuition and cost of living being half as much, not to mention about 40 positions in the USNWR... I gotta give this some serious consideration.