Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WL @ University of Houston  (Read 5112 times)

tacc731

Re: WL @ University of Houston
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2005, 10:14:59 AM »
My file was complete in early feb.  My status said file in review...decision by mid march for a long time.  Then it switched to file in review...decision by mid april.  WTF? 

Ron Hiatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • slave to the "unread replies to your posts" link..
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2005, 11:09:20 AM »
weird. do you mind if i ask what your numbers are? that is, should Houston be a safety, target, or reach for you?

tacc731

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2005, 01:52:07 PM »
It is between a target and a reach.  I have a 161 and 2.84 GPA(However, this is moderately explainable...there was one year with several Fs caused by a death in the immediate family... the following semesters saw 4.0s etc)

LaneSwerver

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2005, 01:56:47 PM »
My file was complete in early feb.  My status said file in review...decision by mid march for a long time.  Then it switched to file in review...decision by mid april.  WTF? 

I'm the same way. May never hear from them...

Ron Hiatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • slave to the "unread replies to your posts" link..
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2005, 02:44:44 PM »
I would guess that you are borderline, although I wouldn't know if you
are on the WL/Reject or WL/Accept border. They probably just need more
time to review your file... time to flesh out the class a little more, then pass
it around the committee one more time before they decide. That's just my best guess, though.

It sucks that schools drag you along like that. I wish I had applied
earlier, oh well. Good luck!

LaneSwerver

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2005, 02:45:55 PM »
I'm so much of a reach it really doesn't matter, but they may offer me part-time, which I would probably take.

That's what Toledo did, anyway.

hunterhogan

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.19/173
    • View Profile
    • www.hunterthinks.com
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2005, 11:59:16 AM »
For instance, I don't know why this guy got rejected at Houston:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=hunterhogan

But if he were black, would they still reject him? I doubt it. I'm undecided about the merits of AA. It doesn't affect me personally very often. However, I'm not convinced that the policy achieves it's goals as far as law school admissions is concerned.

I think I was rejected from Houston and other schools because they couldn't get past my low GPA. However, you can decide for youself - I posted my application materials here http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,33427.0.html

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2005, 01:48:30 PM »
well I was talking to an admissions officer via email today and she stated that they had begun reviewing waitlisted applications. and if i had any supplemental materials to send, they had better be sent asap.
HUSL 1L

supernga

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2005, 10:15:52 AM »
Well, I got the waitlist-reject email last night.  What was odd was that I had just called them about an hour before the email was sent, to find out a little more about the waitlist process.  Maybe they didn't like the tone of my voice, and that's why they hurried up and sent me the reject email right after I got off the phone with them.

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2005, 12:57:22 PM »
sorry to hear that. maybe i shouldnt call so much. im just trying to find out info regarding their waitlist as well. i recently sent them a letter of continued interest...hope its not to late! ???

has anyone else heard anything regarding their waitlist??
HUSL 1L