Law School Discussion

liberal democrats...are they gone? or just circling the toilet bowl?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
a dinosaur...which is now in dixcuxxion...among think tanks in the country...including one created by poor man (ha ha) from budepest...is the fate of the liberal democrat...whose purpose is now being swept away by mothers of children...who do not trust liberal democrats...
and mothers do NOT LIKE even the IDEA of liberal democrats...that is why the current administrator is watching... ;)

and that is a mouthful... ;)

with the offerings of petite political chirpings...no one is listening...

frankly, there is no strength in words like "grassroots" and "gore" and "moore" and "boxer" and "kennedy" and "kerry" and "mizziz clinton" and "we will protect you"...

these are words backed by not names...but pure cow manure...and most democratic husbands got a surprise when their wives and mothers of their children thought...maybe CHANGE IS NEEDED...enough talk....IDIOTS...TIME FOR PRO-TECTION  and ACT-ION...and...

women shifted the world...simply...by their vote...YOUNG PEOPLE...take note...

especially the buffys, and biffs, and pookies, and welbornes and southern belles...and any other culture which has been blinded by false wealth and security....

the liberal democrats time is over...there is not one voice nor human which they can put forward to be a strength in the united states of america...and that is not sad...it is just...simply...time is up...so...

too late to grow some trees...from little acorns...

the modern age has arrived and it is time to let the saplings of liberal democrats become fertilizer...or poo-poo...because that is what mothers and wives and others think of you-you...

thank you for participating...bye bye :-*

peace out rasta!

underwhelm

Re: liberal democrats...are they gone? or just circling the toilet bowl?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 08:09:02 AM »
Have you read, or are you affiliated with http://www.timecube.com/? It seems right up your alley.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 11:59:44 AM »
liberal democrats aren't dead, they just don't know how to sell their message.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 09:47:58 PM »
liberal democrats aren't dead, they just don't know how to sell their message.

You are absolutely correct.  It will take them abother 10-15 years before the message really starts being heard.  And what is ahead of us is an all-out cultural war that will make the 50's and 60's pale in comparison.  At the end of the cycle, we will all be better for it.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 10:07:55 PM »
 I think that we are in the midst of that cultural war now, although I do not think it has "peaked" yet. We are still in the midst of a conservative backlash against the "excesses" of the 60s and 70s.
 That being said...I do not think liberalism is dead. In many ways it is stronger. Socially, liberals are winning on a variety of fronts (I think even the gay rights question, ultimately, will be settled in their favor, despite last November's setbacks). In some ways, I hope that the Republicans are successful in their efforts to stack the courts, because that would invite the same kind of backlash that the Warren court invited. I imagine that a Scalia court, for example, would with 2 Bush appointments, would galvanize the left and probably result in a scathing backlash against the Christian right. I think commentators have overestimated their strength and underestimated the liberal and libertarian leanings of most Americans.

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 10:20:25 PM »
I think that we are in the midst of that cultural war now, although I do not think it has "peaked" yet. We are still in the midst of a conservative backlash against the "excesses" of the 60s and 70s.
 That being said...I do not think liberalism is dead. In many ways it is stronger. Socially, liberals are winning on a variety of fronts (I think even the gay rights question, ultimately, will be settled in their favor, despite last November's setbacks). In some ways, I hope that the Republicans are successful in their efforts to stack the courts, because that would invite the same kind of backlash that the Warren court invited. I imagine that a Scalia court, for example, would with 2 Bush appointments, would galvanize the left and probably result in a scathing backlash against the Christian right. I think commentators have overestimated their strength and underestimated the liberal and libertarian leanings of most Americans.

Agreed 100%.  I just hate it that we have to wait so long and endure so much to see things get better in the end.  The court thing is absolutely scary, though.  When the fickle American populace finally wakes up and realizes the how the far-right has trampled on the Constitution, then we'll pick up the war a notch or two. 

Two things that have scared the *&^% out of me in the past two weeks:  the news that the Bush administration has resorted to Stalin-like propaganda in manufacturing news stories, and Congress making a mockery out of the separation of powers issue in the Schiavo case, which they are using for political gain and pandering to the right.

be10dwn

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 06:36:23 AM »
It's funny, I think that we are all better with a conservative slant minus the religious fanaticism.  I think the government is WAY too invilved in our daily lives, much more than the founders would have ever agreed with.  I don't think the Republicans currently in power are what I prefer, but they are MUCH better than the horror that I view a liberal from Massachusetts being. 

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 10:40:21 AM »
like aye said the liberal democrat...aka barbara boxers are under the gun and are on the verge...

of extinction...they are cantankerous to the modern age...and have way too many tall trees and not enough roots and seeds...