Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dear lovely people who applied to UVA during the regular admission cycle  (Read 977 times)

legallady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Whassup with UVA's status checker? It seems pretty clear that they don't change it for people who were deferred after applying early action/early decision, but how about those of you who applied after then? Did you receive an email notifying a decision had been sent out before you received your decision?

Thank you for answering my petty questions ;D
In: NOWHERE!
Waitlist: GW, Fordham, American
Out: Ha! Many... but let's focus on the semi-positive at this point, shall we?

Boston24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
My status checker still said "in review" or whatever when I got the phone call.  It wasn't until the day after I got accepted that my status checker changed.
UVa it is!

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I have been complete for about 3 months now. No news whatsoever either way.

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
I've been complete since Jan. 27 and I just went to decision today.  It says I should receive it in the mail within 10 days.  Since I didnt' get a phone call, I'm guessing it's a ding.

jessesamuel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
i had to send an e-mail to get my status changed from submitted to complete or whatever. not that it matters....

JulesSF

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I received an email that my online status had changed when i went complete (towards the end of 2004).

burghblast, or anyone else, did you also receive an email when your status changed to decision? If this is the case, I should stop obsessively checking the uva status monitor, and instead step up my inbox refreshing...correct?
166 / 3.5
He loves me: ATTENDING: GWU $$ (obvi)
He loves me not: NU, GULC, UVA, UCLA
He decides not to decide: U Mich (WL)
Preemptive dump: BC, UC Hastings, USC

James Neutron

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I received an email that my online status had changed when i went complete (towards the end of 2004).

burghblast, or anyone else, did you also receive an email when your status changed to decision? If this is the case, I should stop obsessively checking the uva status monitor, and instead step up my inbox refreshing...correct?

i never got an email about my status change when i went to decision for EA.

Dubies1

• View Profile
I was accepted regular admissions a little over a week ago.  I went pending on the website on March 8, received a small cream colored envelope on March 11.  No phone call, no email updating my application status.  I'm pretty sure they've stopped calling people to congratulate them.  Hope this answers some of your questions.

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile

No e-mail.  You'll have to keep checking compulsively.  That's what I did.

JulesSF

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
sweet...thanks guys!
166 / 3.5
He loves me: ATTENDING: GWU $$ (obvi)
He loves me not: NU, GULC, UVA, UCLA
He decides not to decide: U Mich (WL)
Preemptive dump: BC, UC Hastings, USC