Law School Discussion

"Desperation" Letter?

"Desperation" Letter?
« on: March 18, 2005, 11:05:17 AM »
I apologize in advance for this question's agonizingly similar premise to other recent questions on the board. I am still pending at my top choice, which I want to attend more than 100% over any other schools I've gotten into thus far. I am borderline as it is, and all opinions aside on whether it is prudent to send a Letter of Interest without having been WL or Def. first, would it appear desperate? Would sending a letter this late in the game give off the vibe that I hadn't gotten in anywhere/anywhere good yet and that I was "desperate" for an acceptance from them? And would it cause them to perhaps scrutinize my application for flaws more carefully with this notion in mind? I have been admitted to some other T14's, and perhaps alerting them to this fact in some subtle way might allay this problem, but doing this as well seems like it might be annoying/uncalled for/overall negative.
I realize that this question, like 90% of what else is asked on this board, cannot be accurately answered by anybody, but I'd at least like to get a feel for how ppl in general would view such a letter. Thanks!

Re: "Desperation" Letter?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 02:09:29 PM »
sure, feel free to write a letter or essay talking about why you want to go to school X. they will add it to your file.