Law School Discussion

$$$ at Tulane...

Re: $$$ at Tulane...
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 11:09:50 AM »
nolegirl3,
I missed your acceptance! Congrats. Has Bama gotten back to you? (Slow pokes) Where do you think you'll end up if you get the $$ you want from Tulane?

Maroon,
I got a similar offer. I am definitely conidering it....Big time. Decisions, decisions. I see you debating SMU and Tulane. I feel for you. I am having a tough time deciding. Good luck. BTW, have you visited? Any opinions, good or bad?

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 11:14:57 AM »
Yeah depending on the offer I may have a tough decision to make. And if Bama and Colorado EVER get back to me then I will really have a lot to think about. I know Tulane is a good school but I am sure I want to be in a big city. Or that I want to stay in the humidity of the Gul coast. Plus I have no interest in practicing in NY so I do not care about their placement there. But I like New Orleans and Tulane does have a good rep. And money is a big concern too. I am just going to have to keep considering and waiting. Guess it is nice to have choices but it is tough for sure.

ohwellok

• the cutest beagle in the whole wide world!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 12:21:17 PM »
i received my admissions packet in the mail today, and was also offered 20k per year. the offer is very tempting. i'm still waiting to hear back from a number of schools, however, which will complicated this whole process even more. good luck to all who are still waiting!

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 12:32:48 PM »
Congrats on your acceptances. CU is also one I am waiting on. Wish they would hurry up.  ::)

MaroonOut2005

• Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 12:53:33 PM »
nolegirl3,
I missed your acceptance! Congrats. Has Bama gotten back to you? (Slow pokes) Where do you think you'll end up if you get the $$ you want from Tulane?

Maroon,
I got a similar offer. I am definitely conidering it....Big time. Decisions, decisions. I see you debating SMU and Tulane. I feel for you. I am having a tough time deciding. Good luck. BTW, have you visited? Any opinions, good or bad?

Yeah, it definately has made the decision harder, but in a good way!  By the way, did you use to post under a different name?  I remember a poster who had that exact same avatar.

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 01:08:05 PM »
Nah. I had no avatar until today. This picture of Freddie was a sample avatar and I think he's cute so  ;D

I did use "Valerie" for few days because...well...that's my name  ;) But that was boring. Plus my new name gives me dimension. It indicates my true feelings about where I live.  :-\

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2005, 03:09:47 PM »
is that a good sign that they are giving out such huge scholarships or is that the norm?  i would think they are really reaching to get kids with mid-160s that also get into a lot of other tier 1's and upper tier 2's.  i'm hoping to sneak in the back door, but the thought of 30K a year is scary.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2005, 07:12:26 AM »
Yeah. I heard that the alumni are giving a lot of money this year b/c they want Tulane to move up in the rankings. This most likely explains the big scholarships. And I think it will work. I was not really considering Tulane over Wake but now.... Who knows? Lots of decisions to make in the coming weeks. ???

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2005, 07:28:22 PM »
Also in at Tulane w/$20K and let me tell you, it is tempting!!!

MaroonOut2005

• Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2005, 06:37:36 AM »
Also in at Tulane w/$20K and let me tell you, it is tempting!!!

No doubt about that.  I'm visting on the 11th.  What other schools are you considering?