Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: i NEED to VOLUNTEER or something.  (Read 549 times)

vitaminwater

i NEED to VOLUNTEER or something.
« on: March 18, 2005, 03:10:50 AM »
hello,
i need some advice.
i have never done any volunteering or community service or anything like that.
i live in new york city. surely there are a thousand places to volunteer for. problem is i do not know where or who or how or what!
i need to find something to do in order to put a little jazz in my application.
please advise.
what do law school people like to see????????? :o

thank you!

whiteytighty

• View Profile
Re: i NEED to VOLUNTEER or something.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 03:15:19 AM »
Law school admissions people especially like to see Paris Hilton types to whom it would never occur to volunteer for any damn thing until they decided they could get something out of it.

vitaminwater

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 03:21:12 AM »
Law school admissions people especially like to see Paris Hilton types to whom it would never occur to volunteer for any damn thing until they decided they could get something out of it.

i admit it. this is the case. why do something that could not do something for you?

there are the people who do things for others and in turn get an enjoyment or sense of self from it or what ever you call it. i call it bull.

and then there are  ones like me, who do things for others in order to get something in return for themselves. i call it great.

SpecialK

• Getting it done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 03:48:21 AM »
Whatta jackass! I hope the AdComms see right through you!

vitaminwater

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 04:00:25 AM »
Whatta jackass! I hope the AdComms see right through you!

are you telling me that if you knew for a fact that being a volunteer at "the big childrens" club would get you in the school of your choice, you would not do it?

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 08:54:55 AM »
i tend to agree...most people who volunteer probably do it for their apps, apps of any kind.

of course not all.  I would LOVE to volunteer with the ASPCA or Humane Society but the ones near me require an hours committment (can't blame them) and I have FT work and FT UG and I'm an officer in a rather stupid club at my UG.  I still might try to this fall but I won't bother to put it on my apps because that won't look so good...starting to volunteer two months before the app  ::)
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

redstorm

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 08:59:34 AM »
Vitaminwater,

If you are volunteering only for the sake of your application, it is not advisable to partake in community service.  But, I'm sure you can find a cause you are interested in and work for that cause.  There are homeless shelters, services for the homeless, soup kitchens, hospitals, among other things, which you can look into.  Google it, and see what you find.

Good luck.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 09:33:30 AM »
lol
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.