Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: It's PITT for me...I've made my decision!  (Read 1407 times)

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
Re: It's PITT for me...I've made my decision!
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2005, 06:23:31 PM »
To get to Mt. Washington from downtown, take the Liberty Bridge out of the city and across the river.  Immediately before entering the Libety Tunnel, turn right and drive up Mt. Washington.  You'll have a beautiful view of the city on your right as you ascend the mountain. [/b]

That's what I need...another tourist driving 10 mph up MacArdle roadway when I'm trying to get home.  Take the incline up.  It's the touristy thing to do.

I lived in Pittsburgh for 16 years and I maintain a leisurely 10MPH up McArdle EVERY TIME :) 

Besides, if you live on Mt. Washington you should be the one using the incline to commute.  How cool will it be to tell your grandkids that you got to work on an incline and a huge paddle boat every morning?

steelcity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2005, 06:28:10 PM »
I lived in Pittsburgh for 16 years and I maintain a leisurely 10MPH up McArdle EVERY TIME   

Besides, if you live on Mt. Washington you should be the one using the incline to commute.  How cool will it be to tell your grandkids that you got to work on an incline and a huge paddle boat every morning?

I hear ya but I work 20 minutes outside of Pittsburgh so the incline/boat isn't and option.

BTW. I was the guy 2 feet behind you in your rearview mirror with my highbeams on. :)

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2005, 06:32:09 PM »
I lived in Pittsburgh for 16 years and I maintain a leisurely 10MPH up McArdle EVERY TIME   

I hear ya but I work 20 minutes outside of Pittsburgh so the incline/boat isn't and option.

BTW. I was the guy 2 feet behind you in your rearview mirror with my highbeams on. :)

I thought you looked familiar!

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2005, 08:05:29 PM »
duquesne over PSU?  i imagine living in pittsburgh trumps carlisle in a heartbeat.  never thought of applying to duquesne, probably should have.  congrats on the 3 acceptances onepoint.  hoping to hear something decent in the next week or so.  applying late is killing me.  i just want to know something either way from all those pendings. 
FIU Class of 2009

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2005, 08:21:12 PM »
i'm with you bro.  i'm still going to wait out until the end of the month to send in my seat deposit, i think i have 9 pending yet.  a miracle acceptance at seton hall, rutgers, osu, or florida state could really sway me.  heck, an acceptance at any of my pendings will be worth of consideration.

the best of luck on your pendings too.
post-3L

lauralynne

• Sr. Citizen
  • '02 PSU Alum
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LangelK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2005, 09:39:36 PM »
Hey Laura I just saw you're a PSU grad and you're already living in Pittsburgh.  What year did you graduate?  I wonder if I saw you at the bars in State College.

Hey Burgh,
it's probable.  i graduated in 2002.  was in a sorority (pi phi).  frequented the gman, cafe, darkhorse, big easy...

EDIT: And, I'll be at the open house on the 8th as well!
I will be a Nittany Lion turned Pitt Panther for 1L 2005.

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=xpsupiphi