Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone headed to Hofstra in the fall??  (Read 401 times)

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone headed to Hofstra in the fall??
« on: March 17, 2005, 03:52:29 PM »
Thus far, i've been accepted to only 2 schools and waitlisted at numerous others. I still have several top choice applications pending. But as time keeps going by, I have come to the realization I better prepare to choose outta of the 2, in case no more good news arrives. And i'm 100% positive I'm choosing Hofstra over Valpo if it comes down to it. So i was just curious to see if anyone else was considering Hofstra for next fall??
HUSL 1L

blaze.1

• yellow snow!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone headed to Hofstra in the fall??
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 04:14:06 PM »
Yea, I'm in a similar situation.  I've got a few applications still pending at my "reach" schools, but I'm starting to settle on Hofstra.  Have you visited the campus yet?  My biggest concern is the high cost of living!
Attending: Temple

captmiseee

• AOL Instant Messenger - captmiseee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 05:28:25 PM »
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm going to Hofstra too. I have a friend from long island and she has given me a heads up ont he neighborhoods to avoid. The cost of living is high... But I really want to live in New York after graduation. I have one more reach school to hear from but barring a miracle, I will be at Hofstra.

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 06:55:11 PM »
No, I haven't had a chance to visit yet. I'm out of state, so its kinda difficult. I do plan on attending their Reception for Admitted Students on April 10th though. My biggest concern is not only the cost of living but the tution as well. On the financial aid paper they sent me, the total estimated cost per year if you're living off campus is $50,000!! i find that to be very scary, espiecally since i wasnt awarded any $$$.

But on a good note, i've been talking to several current students and most of them have very positive things to say.
HUSL 1L

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 07:02:13 PM »
Just heard on my answering machine a Hofstra 1L had called. To bad the answering machine cut off half of her message. Did anyone else hear from them today and maybe heard the whole message?? :D sounded like she was just sharing info about their upcoming events or something.
HUSL 1L