Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How much does the "feel" of a school play a role  (Read 406 times)

jamiejamie

• View Profile
    • Email
How much does the "feel" of a school play a role
« on: March 17, 2005, 02:53:54 PM »
How important in the decision making process was your gut instinct of a school once you visited, basically whether it felt like the place for you? (vs. using rankings, prestige, etc.)

Has anyone been on the fence, then visited two or more schools and known for sure after just your short visits that one of them felt right?

I'm about to visit USD and Lewis and Clark, and as of right now, I'm still not sure where I'd like to go.

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
Re: How much does the "feel" of a school play a role
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 03:00:19 PM »
It was 25% of my decision.  Considering I'll be living in this place for 3 years+, I had to factor it.  Visiting a school could certainly make my decision for me.
Pitt is it!

jimmyp

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.57/176
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How much does the "feel" of a school play a role
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 03:27:28 PM »
How important in the decision making process was your gut instinct of a school once you visited, basically whether it felt like the place for you? (vs. using rankings, prestige, etc.)

Has anyone been on the fence, then visited two or more schools and known for sure after just your short visits that one of them felt right?

I'm about to visit USD and Lewis and Clark, and as of right now, I'm still not sure where I'd like to go.

It will be about 50% of my decision.  If I get into Harvard by some miracle, I will still strongly consider USD.