No more Happy Hour Polls

It's over.
 4 (40%)
Can I cry now?
 1 (10%)
What about Poolapalooza?
 5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Austin HH Thread  (Read 40250 times)

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
Re: Austin LSDers Delete UR Posts!
« Reply #490 on: June 23, 2005, 02:59:07 PM »
Okay... this is getting out of hand.

I propose we go with celak's compromise suggestion of Copper Tank. It sounds like a good mix of low crowds and huge TVs, which is for the good. Does anybody have massive objections to that?

And, besides that, who's coming?

I'm in for sure. Who else?
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #491 on: June 23, 2005, 04:49:20 PM »
In the absence of Ana to make a final decision, I'm tempted to call it for Copper Tank now. I plan to be there at 8 or so to try and get decent seats.... anybody else coming that early?

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #492 on: June 23, 2005, 05:39:28 PM »
Celark-- So, are you coming this time or not? If I'm the first one at the place, I want to know how many chairs I should try and save...... ;)

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 24, 2005, 10:28:44 AM »
Oops.  Sorry I did not get a chance to view yesterday.  I guess folks found out Le Copper Tank, c'est mort.   :(

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #494 on: June 24, 2005, 11:16:33 AM »
^

Yeah, I was the first one there and found a cheerful little "Liquidation Sale!" sign on the door, dated to about a week ago. It was no big deal, however; I went about 200 feet and found Shakespeare's Pub, which was pretty empty and had a huge plojection TV.

It also had $4 Alabama Slammers. I may have overdone it a *bit*, but I wasn't driving, so no big deal....  ;). I also didn't wake up with a hangover, so it couldn't have been *too* bad.....

[Thanks again Ana for the ride home!]

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 24, 2005, 03:17:07 PM »
And hello, limon, long time no post!

Thanks.

Life has been turned rather upside down lately, unfortunately.  I'll skip the Debbie Downer story and just say that I and my immediate family are fine and I will definitely be attending law school (though I barely got my LOI in before the deadline and had to hand deliver it.  Brilliance. :P)

I probably won't be making any happy hours, but hopefully I'll still be able to pop on here occasionally if folks stay active.

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • Your Mom goes to college!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #496 on: June 24, 2005, 06:37:45 PM »
sorry to anyone last night if i seemed like a bit of an a$$, a bit grumpy with the result of the game...slowly getting over it, the scotch i went on to drink afterwards helped.

anyway, just wanted to apologize if i wasn't as social or as happy as i could of been, but now that basketball season is over i should be much more carefree  ;)
Knowin' nothing in life, But to be legit, Don't quote me boy, I ain't said *&^%.

BigTex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 30, 2005, 07:42:59 PM »

Thanks.

Life has been turned rather upside down lately, unfortunately.  I'll skip the Debbie Downer story and just say that I and my immediate family are fine and I will definitely be attending law school (though I barely got my LOI in before the deadline and had to hand deliver it.  Brilliance. :P)

I probably won't be making any happy hours, but hopefully I'll still be able to pop on here occasionally if folks stay active.

what happened limon?

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 01, 2005, 01:50:37 PM »

Thanks.

what happened limon?

My wife's mother (and also my daughter's favorite person in the entire world) was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer right before Memorial Day. 

It is suck2.     :-[

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 01, 2005, 03:11:10 PM »
I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!! I'M INTO HARVARD!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!

That's fantastic!  Congratulations!